Is it strange that he hasn't made a move on me yet?

violingirl

I just got home from my second date with this guy I am seeing. He has already asked me out for a third date on Saturday. We seem to have very good chemistry, but I am confused by the fact that he hasn't tried to make a move on me yet. He hasn't tried to hold my hand, or kiss me, etc. However, the way he looks at me makes me feel like I'm on fire inside, and I am pretty sure he is attracted to me.

I've never been in a situation where a guy hasn't tried to at least kiss me on a second date. I think that I've given him plenty of signals that I am attracted to him. What does it mean when a guy continues to ask you out, and seems to be attracted to you, but doesn't even try to get physical at all?

I'm so confused.

Hey, glad to hear things are going well!

Is he just a shy guy? I wouldn't worry too much if he is asking you out, he's interested... I have had the opposite where he wanted to kiss me, but wasn't interested enough to ask me out.. So I think you're in a better position!

Hope it continues to go well!

Ammy

It's only the second date. Give it time! I've known people to go at all different paces. He is probably just being respectful. I say appreciate it and enjoy this really exciting beginning stage!

You are probably right. I guess that I am just not accustomed to a man moving so slowly. He is probably just being respectful. However, I'm very attracted to him and it's driving me a bit crazy (in a good way, I suppose).

maybe he is shy or just not the affectionate type. It is also possible that he doesnt want to come off too push or clingy, after all ITS ONLY THE SECOND DATE! haha.

To each thier own. If you were giving me obvious hints that you were attracted to me, i would have made a move from the start. Bad drewcious

i would have made a move on you on the 1st date if i was into you. i must have no respect.

LOL! I think sooner rather than later is good. I was dating this guy once. We went on four dates and no moves! I thought he was just being respectful, but really he just wasn't that into it. There was no fifth date.

That said, I think making a move within the first few dates is enough to indicate interest. Doesn't have to be the first date.

Hey, glad to hear things are going well!

Is he just a shy guy? I wouldn't worry too much if he is asking you out, he's interested... I have had the opposite where he wanted to kiss me, but wasn't interested enough to ask me out.. So I think you're in a better position!

Hope it continues to go well!

Ammy

Thanks. Well, he wasn't too shy to ask me out in the first place and to keep asking me out. He is a little more on the reserved side, though. For example, when we first talked on the phone, it was a bit awkward. But, after our first date, he seemed more relaxed and playful talking on the phone. Maybe it's just a matter of coaxing him out of his cocoon, for lack of better words. But when he looks at me so intensely, I just melt, and want him to do something - like, just grab me and kiss me. I would prefer it if he makes the first move, because I don't want to make him uncomfortable. I think that I am giving him enough signals indicating my interest and attraction.

Have you ever thought of making the first move?

it makes things oh-so-much-easier for us shy guys

It's not cool to place the burden of the move on the ladies, especially since there are still so many negative implications for women who make moves. It's not fair, I know, but it's true. Not only that, but a man should be able to act on his desires and not send out mixed signals.

We women complain when men move to fast lol I would be happy if a man took it slow and would feel he respects me and doesn't just want me as a "booty call" take it slow, relax and just enjoy it.

I don't mind taking it slow - although I am very attracted to him, I am in no rush to jump into bed with him. As cheesy as it may sound, I would like that to mean something. I would just like for him to kiss me at this point.

I do appreciate that he does not view me as a booty call. I guess that I start to feel a bit uneasy if there is any doubt as to whether a guy is attracted to me. It's funny, but when we were sitting next to each other at the concert last night, I kept thinking how much I wanted him to hold my hand, but he was sitting there with both of his hands clasped together in his lap. He did say that I looked nice last night, and that he enjoyed his evening with me (and, as I already mentioned, he already asked me out for Saturday).

I hope that I am right and that he is attracted to me. I don't want to be just friends with him.

I hope this link to Carmine's thread helps.

Some guys feel that moving too fast is not being gentlemen like. My bf was the same way. He waited a while before he made a move. It was just how he was raised.

I completely agree with this. It was drilled into my mind as well that making a move on women is very very wrong and disrespectful.

Also to, there have been many instances where women have complained that the guy is coming on too strong too fast.

Where would a guy draw the line?

I'm having this exact problem right now. The only thing is I've went on about 3 dates and hung out with her about 5-7 times other than that. I'm really shy around her because I really like her, and just like your guy, I have no problem to continue asking her out.

I would be 100% absolutely relieved if she made the first move...maybe that's something to think about.

I'm having this exact problem right now. The only thing is I've went on about 3 dates and hung out with her about 5-7 times other than that. I'm really shy around her because I really like her, and just like your guy, I have no problem to continue asking her out.

I would be 100% absolutely relieved if she made the first move...maybe that's something to think about.

I understand it because with this girl I'm talking to now, it's like the more interest she shows the more shy I get and I can see myself not making a move on a 2nd or 3rd date.

Archived