Help Finding "Her"

ilovethatgirl

So, un-sterotypically, I'm not a guy looking to date hot girls with maybe a chance at some action. I'm looking for something... meaningful.

Ever since losing the girl who I honestly believed was my soulmate, I've been wondering how I could possibly ever meet someone as great as her ever again. Does anyone have any help at all?

Your 16 and you have tons of time and places to meet someone better. I can also guarantee you that you will meet someone later on in life that will be much better suited for you and what you are looking for in a soulmate will change.

So chin up...you have plenty of time. Oh man, last thing you want is a girlfriend in college. Trust me on that one.

I'd say just live your life man. Be happy with yourself have a good time. At 16 the chances of finding the one are probably pretty low. Cause whether or not you choose to believe this you probably don't know yourself very well right now. Also I think you have to be happy with yourself and ready to love to fall in love. Being still not over your ex you could get feelings of love but they may be confused.

Hey I think the same thing wondering if I can meet someone as great as my ex. I'm also a good deal older than you are. You just go along meeting people though who knows. As hard as it is too admit the belief that you have found the only person you can be happy with by the time you are 16 is honestly just unrealistic. There are an estimated 6.7 billion people in the world, I'm sure you can click with more than just one.

at your age, you should focus on learning about yourself -- who you are, what makes you happy, what are your goals, what are your dreams, what do you value?

you can't answer these questions overnight -- you answer them as you grow.

there's not a magic formula. learn to repect yourself, love yourself, value yourself and one day you will find someone who not only fits, but completes.

I've met most of the people I have dated through friends...just randomly. I've never been able to find someone when I was looking. Always happened to be introduced by a mutual friend or to meet them through some sort of extracurricular activity (back in college)

Be careful...usually the guys who claim to have found their soulmates at 16 hate women's guts by 28.

Women are people...soul mates is a false concept. You can fit with a ton of people who share your goals, compatibilities and what you're looking for. They are rare, but there are larger numbers out there rather than just one. Don't let one woman jade you for life.

As apposed to post college?

Theres still opportunity but I'm definitely not in all of the clubs, classes, social outings like I was in college. Nor would I ever want to be that busy again, but it was a time of my life where I wouldn't have wanted to settle on one woman. Yes it is definitely harder to meet women post college. It can still be done, but just not as easy.

Theres still opportunity but I'm definitely not in all of the clubs, classes, social outings like I was in college. Nor would I ever want to be that busy again, but it was a time of my life where I wouldn't have wanted to settle on one woman. Yes it is definitely harder to meet women post college. It can still be done, but just not as easy.

Not to sound ... * * * * * y, but you sound like a college player. What is wrong with wanting to settle for one woman?

Not to sound ... * * * * * y, but you sound like a college player. What is wrong with wanting to settle for one woman?

Pretty judgmental. Wanting to date different women to see what I liked and what was out there is grounds for being called a player? I never led these girls on, didn't sleep around...so what's the issue?

I really just don't think it would have been a good idea to settle down with one woman in college because I was out there in a state of discovery. And there has been so much growth and maturing since college that there is no way that the kind of woman I wanted then is the kind of woman that I want in my life now. I think this is true for a lot of men, and another reason why I wouldn't suggest being tied down to one woman in college.

And it took me a really long time to get up the confidence to talk to women and ask them out and when I finally blossomed in college I wanted to take advantage of it and make up for lost time and find out what women were all about. College is the perfect opportunity for this and I encourage men take advantage of it.

If that makes me a player then I guess I'm okay with that label.

Be careful...usually the guys who claim to have found their soulmates at 16 hate women's guts by 28.

Women are people...soul mates is a false concept. You can fit with a ton of people who share your goals, compatibilities and what you're looking for. They are rare, but there are larger numbers out there rather than just one. Don't let one woman jade you for life.

I don't agree with that. You have to have faith that when its right its right. However, timing is a huge factor in relationships. Maybe she is your soulmate but the timing now is very poor. You may meet again in the future when you are both at a place where you can be together and it will mean something.

Or she may not really be your soulmate. If she is she will feel the same as you and if she doesn't then she really isn't.

Complicated. I am not sure I believe there are multiple people to be honest.

Most guys give me the creeps. It takes a very special guy to even make me want to get to know them as a person. It doesn't have to take a long time but there hasn't to be a feeling of connection with them I can't explain.

Once again though the timing maybe bad even if you do find someone.

All I Ever Wanted Was to Love You
All I Ever Wanted Was to Love You

Archived