How do I figure out where I am going wrong?

yyc

I have been single for the past 6 years after being in my first relationship ever. Over the past couple of years I have been trying to find someone, but it seems no matter what I do I can’t seem to get anywhere with anyone. It is now getting to the point where I am starting to feel like I’m not what anyone wants because I have been turned down sooo many times. For the past two years I have mostly been focused on just getting someone to go out with me once, something simple like coffee, lunch. Often I just simply try to get a phone number or email address. I have a job that pretty much lets me do whatever I want whenever as long as the assigned tasks get completed, so this gives me a lot of time to go out and do anything. I have taken several courses, such as language courses (I’, scuba, rock climbing, sky diving… just to try and meet new people and have something in common to talk about when I meet them. When I do meet someone for the first time I try to keep the conversation light and fun. But every time I try to take it one step further I always get turned down. I am a very nice, caring, responsible person who has no addictions and is financially stable. I have tried several online dating sites and have even tried in person in 30 different countries. I am completely out of ideas on what I could do differently or what I might be doing wrong. It is exceptionally frustrating considering over the past two years I have been rejected hundreds of times for the simplest of dates. On rare occasions I get an email address, but when I write I never get a reply. On two occasions a woman agreed to meet with me, but stood me up. I’m just wondering what I could do to find out what I am doing wrong when I approach someone??? Any ideas????

Trooper - Thanks for the reply. I don't think I am coming off as desperate, at least I don't think I am. My biggest downside is I have no idea what to do with people, never have. It's almost like the whole social language is one I have yet to learn, but I am having a very hard time learning it because I just can't seem to find what works... As for the question am I talking about dating failures ' on one these dates'... no I have yet to actually get a date in the past 6 years... This is me just trying to get a date, but I keep getting turned down. No I never bring up past failures when I am trying to get a date/number/email, and if I did get a date I wouldn't for the first few dates assuming I make it that far.

Archived