Damnit! can't get over ex GF. This is ridiculous

Broke up w/ girlfriend of 2 years at the end of summer. I thought I was getting over her, but recently I realized I'm not.

I've been depressed lately (not cause of GF. It's anxiety and other stuff like that). But the depression makes it harder to get over my GF.

It's like my brain knows that she's not right for me. I left her for a reason. I could make a 5 page list of reasons why I wouldn't want to marry this girl, and why it was right to break up after 2 years, like we did.

But almost 2 months after the breakup, I somehow still care what she's doing, who she's with, etc. I forget about her when I'm with other girls, but when my depression gets bad or I have a hard week, I can't stop thinking about her.

I could have her back if I wanted, but I don't think that's the right thing. So it's not the kind of breakup where one person completely cuts the other person out of there life. Maybe that woulda been easier to get over.

Am I killing myself by continuing to talk to this girl, even though I know I never want to marry her/date her again? I'll prolly see her over thanksgiving break, we live in the same town. Is this a terrible idea?

I kinda wanna get the hell out of here and just not talk to her ever again.

i know the feeling... listen, if you don't want to be with her - as much as it hurts, you have to let her be alone right now. and, things will get worse before they get better. honestly, everytime you talk to her - she's thinking you might change your mind... so, be careful. allow her to move on, too.

i know the feeling... listen, if you don't want to be with her - as much as it hurts, you have to let her be alone right now. and, things will get worse before they get better. honestly, everytime you talk to her - she's thinking you might change your mind... so, be careful. allow her to move on, too.

I get what you're saying. but... It's not so much I don't want to be with her, it's just that I want her to change things and then be with her, maybe. I guess I'm not even sure what I want.

I miss her a ton, I just justify breaking up w/ her by thinking of all the things that were wrong with her, or things I didn't like, or problems, etc.

But you could find something wrong with every girl in the world, so that doesn't mean much.

I'll try to get some closure over thanksgiving break when I see her, then hopefully move on.

Archived