Tell Me What You Think

jas56

I just want to know what you guys think of this.

If you go over to a friends house right, to spend time/ hang with them, since they asked you to and for the most part they were on the phone with their significant other what would you think of this?

For example, we were watching some tv show right, and towards the end of the show they went to another part of the house to talk on the phone while im just sitting there like........oook wow.

Im thinking to myself..... I can get mad about this, I could leave without explanation, or i can just calm down and ignore this persons rudeness. I have voiced my opinions about situations like this with the person just to let you know.

So then, the next day im expecting to go and do something with this person, like i dunno go out to eat, chill at the mall, find something new to do. (im still at their house the next day)

This person is still on the phone in the morning just talking and im just amazed like, I drive out here to visit you and your still talking. So im just like ok im leaving. Then when they see that im leaving thier like why are you serious? bla bla bla. and im just like yeah I have other things i could be doing. So i get to my car and start it up right, and i dont leave right away since i just got a call on my phone.

I get a text from this person like, you could have been more respectful and said goodbye to everyone (there were some other people there too) and im thinking to myself, this person can't be serious. So Im just like ok let me say goodbye because it wasn't everyone else being a rude * * * * * * * so after saying goodbye to everyone else I left.

Now, don't get me wrong, If you have a phone call cool, take it and be done. I just know that If i had company/guests over I wouldn't be on the phone the whole time. How do you treat your guests? ](*,)

ugh, for the record i walked out of my friends house a few weeks ago because all she did when i got there was ignore me and spend about an hour on face book, i would've had a better convo if i got myself a face book account and sat at home.

you should phone her when shes on the phone, then try talk to her down the line lol.

Very rude. I wouldn't bother going over anymore until she got her act together.

If I am even with friends doing lunch or hanging out, I feel guilty if I take long on the phone and yap away to my bf. It's just rude. I like to just keep it short and call him back later when we can talk freely and people aren't sitting there going... "Hm.. ooook."

Your friend needs to grow up maybe or just be more considerate.

Yeaaahh, very rude. Lacks common sense (or just doesn't care...)

I wouldn't go to her house again, until she tells you she's sorry and wouldn't do it again. And if she did do it again, I'd know she has no respect for me. And I know that real friends have respect for each other.

THANK YOU! I mean i just seriously dont understand how you do that and you have company. I straight up told her if i wanted to be bored I could have just stayed at home. I also said she had some nerve to talk about being respectful. To me it was just a selfish thing to do especially since its a 40 min drive. I dunno you guys, but I really appreciate everyones comments because for a min i was questioning whether or not I overreacted but its just a plain and simple issue of common courtesy. I just thought I would get some opinions because I know that eventually shes gonna end up calling me like oh why did you do this and that and I am trying my best to figure out a dumbed down explanation so she understands how i feel completely.

Try telling her like this "how would you feel if you drove down 40 minutes to see me and i spent the WHOLE time talking on the phone and left you aside." etc or something like that.

I agree with this and would add "I like spending time with you and if and when you can spend time with me that would be great - but not if you are going to be be busy doing other things while I am there"

Are they in a long distance relationship or were they fighting?

I think it'd be rude otherwise.

However, if they are on the verge of breaking up, I can understand where she might be coming from. She could have at least left the group while you were entertained by a movie or a game.

No, not at all and if he wanted to visit her, he could. They talk all the time so its not like its one of those things where he was off in another country and you know the rest.

Describe an interesting conversatio...
Describe an interesting conversation you had with your friend IELTS cue card

Archived