Broke up with my boyfriend! I think I made a BIG mistake!

thegirl_00
4 Reasons To Forgive Yourself
4 Reasons To Forgive Yourself

I think I made a HUGE mistake on breaking up with my boyfriend!

We had an argument today because I don't trust him (I have never trusted ANYONE). The only thing is my boyfriend never cheated. I have just always been suspicious and jealous.

The conversation started off with me telling him I think he is lying to me still (which he has, but nothing TOO major).

The conversation ended with him saying "if you don't trust me then this isn't going to work"

I know he is devistated. He went out and got drunk to the point of not being able to walk. He had a heart to heart talk with my good girlfriend tonight while he was really drunk. He said "Sometimes Love just isn't enough..."

I'm heart broken.

He hasn't tried to contact me. I thought he would... I miss him so much.

I think you need to dig deep and understand WHY you have trust issues and what you need to do in order to fix them before it happens again and your ruin another relationship because of this.

Trust is very important in a relationship.

This is coming from someone who was just recently in a relationship where the person had trust issues and was always insecure about me.

I think you need to dig deep and understand WHY you have trust issues and what you need to do in order to fix them before it happens again and your ruin another relationship because of this.

Trust is very important in a relationship.

This is coming from someone who was just recently in a relationship where the person had trust issues and was always insecure about me.

Are you guys still together? If you love someone would you be willing to stick it out?

We have been dating for 8 months... he always tells me he loves me... but I never told him once....

No we're not together. He had to many issues but one of the main issues was he didnt trust me and he would forever be trying to "catch me out" cheating or lying or doing something wrong.

There's only so much someone can take no matter how much you love that person.

No we're not together. He had to many issues but one of the main issues was he didnt trust me and he would forever be trying to "catch me out" cheating or lying or doing something wrong.

There's only so much someone can take no matter how much you love that person.

DO you think I should call him to make things up tomorrow when he isn't drunk? Or should I leave it up to him to think about if he wants to deal with me or not.

I don't want to smother him, but I also miss him so much already...

DO you think I should call him to make things up tomorrow when he isn't drunk? Or should I leave it up to him to think about if he wants to deal with me or not.

I don't want to smother him, but I also miss him so much already...

I can understand you missing him but i think giving him space and showing him you respect what he asks for is showing you care more than calling and trying to sort things out. This is HIS time to think, you will have YOUR turn to talk when he has finished thinking.

yup, give him time to think, and while he's doing so, also settle your own issues. how come you find it so hard to trust. he was right when he said love isn't enough. there's a lot more things needed to make a relationship work. trust is one.

you already called him, i guess that's enough to let him know that you wanted to talk things over. for the time being, respect that he wants some time to think. this would help for you both. good luck!

I think he does need time to think - but the problem is that the last thing he heard from you is that you don't trust him so that is what he will be thinking about.

So - you need to tell him that you know he hasn't cheated, that your lack of trust is about you not about him and that it is something you need to work on.

And if you do love him - tell him that. You should have done that before.

So - send an e-mail or a text to give him the right information to think about - and then give him his time.

If you are having trust issues and he is doing nothing wrong, then the obvious solution is that you need to get some therapy to learn how to trust, as your anxiety and fears are getting the best of you.

You won't be able to have a relationship with anybody until you deal with this, so if you don't want to lose him, perhaps you need to admit you need help, and go get it. Tell him it is something you intend to work on and are getting professional help to deal with. He might consider taking you back if that is true, and you do get help for this and stop being overly jealous.

Archived