Starting Over In a Relationship - B...
Starting Over In a Relationship - Beginners Guide

I'm over my ex and in a happy relationship... I doubt I would ever want to get back together with my ex or have interactions with her in any way other than as a friend. Also, she is dating a guy I used to be close friends with, someone I no longer talk to (or even want to talk to). At least, I think she is. I don't really keep after their lives these days.

A family member of mine who the ex knew pretty well has recently come down very ill. How badly remains to be seen, but the signs aren't good. This is my family's business, but I've considered sharing the news with her as the two of them knew each other and she was in particular fond of his children. I'm always in favor of opening all avenues of support in times like these and mostly I'd be looking to encourage her to write him a note(if it comes down to that - i won't bother if this whole things ends up being better than it looks. Hopefully, it won't be worth reaching out over). I don't want to feel like I didn't open up the world to him in his time of need.

Still, my concern is that this gesture would be taken badly on her end. I don't want it to come off that I'm using my family's bad fortune as a way to open up contact... Though I suppose that is what's happening, in a way. This kind of thing causes a person to reflect that life is too short for ill feelings.

Anyway. Should I? I'm leaning toward not at the moment. I haven't spoken to this woman in over two years now, but I'm pretty sure she'd be keen to know.

I'd contact her and give her the option. After all, she had a relationship with your family member which was independent of her relationship with you.

I recently saw my ex, who I split up with two years ago, who told me that his father had had a heart attack. I sent a card the following day, and was very glad that I'd known. I was very fond of his father and would have been upset if it had proven fatal and I didn't know until it was too late.

Archived