Massage= Making the moves?

volpe

So far, I've had two official dates with this guy, in addition to talking to him a couple of more times at the cafe. The first date he invited me to his house to eat with his brother and brother's girlfriend-- his girlfriend is visiting and cooked some food from her home country. So we ate food and then all went to the cafe to study and then he also invited me out to sushi and dancing last night (once again with his brother and brother's sister- he lives with his brother btw). We had an awesome time. We were physically distant from eachother the whole night but by the end we had our groove going on the dance floor. It got a little bit heated so I had to pull back.

We were dancing until almost 3am so we all ate some chocolate danish as their house. Of course at that point, I was feeling a little bit like I needed to go because I didn't want to give him the wrong impression that I was going to have sex or something. As of yet, he still hadn't kissed me, but still...

He wanted to give me a massage and that to me meant it was time to go. We were in an uncomfortable position for massage anyways, so I said, I was uncomfortable, and I should go. He knew I had class this morning but I am not sure if I gave a bad impression that I am not interested in him at all. He did not kiss me when I left but I gave him a hug.

I am not sure if I should just be clarifying with him that I don't want things to move too quickly? I just have had experience in the past with guys pushing themselves on me if I went to their apartment, and so... I had to leave.

You are playing it smart...wanting to give you a massage and no kiss is a bad sign as far as him being secure goes though...massage says he wants to please you into liking him...no kiss says he's a bit of wimp. If he wants to be your man he's going to have to make a bold move, if not keep him at arms distance...

...the hug was probably the only mistake you made as it signals to him you want to be friends and nothing more...

...don't spell it out for him that moving slow is your style...even if he doesn't have the patience or the balls to make a move it shows he is not worthy.

Heh, I agree with Maelstrom!!

You could always call him and thank him for the good time, and mention in there somewhere how you have been wanting to do X Y Z or see X Y Z or whatever...to prompt him and let him know you are interested in another date...

perferably one on one, and he takes you out somewhere and shows his interest aside from the dance floor and massage hands routine.

He can ask to give a massage but not kiss you though? That to me, is not a good sign. But giving a bit of a benefit of a doubt here...just that is weird to me, unless he is a bit of a wimp/ cautious emotionally but sure not physically.

well, he had asked me already if i wanted to go to a fair today, but I am going biking... but yes, that's the point...before massages and making out I just want to get to know him more as a person-- I like him, but I just want to know who he is first. But yeah... he may not have kissed me because I was probably a little bit rude about the way I left. I can be a little bit standoffish and really hard for guys to measure- they have told me often they didn't know where they stood at first.

i don't know how a hug means that i just want to be friends- it was a good hug.

Learn English Via Listening | Begin...
Learn English Via Listening | Beginner Level | Lesson 21 | Meals

Archived