It's bad when they do not recognize your voice

yeahwhatever

I attempted contact today with ex after over a month of NC. It hurt me she did not recognize my voice. We chatted for about 25 minutes and it really did not go too well. I reached out and tried to see her and she said she just couldn't right now... which I took as means never.

I do not feel weak for breaking my NC and I let her know my feelings are still strong for her.

During the conversation I asked her does it bother her when I call and she responded, " I am just surprised." Not even sure I know what that means. I told her to give thought to getting together and call me if she changes her mind.

When you take a chance you got to be prepared on how they react. I think that moving on is in my best interest!

Basically when she said she "Couldn't right now" that means she's trying to get over you... Honestly man, I was in the same boat 3 or so months ago, and I do still think about her from time to time but you have to accept the fact that its over... breaking up is like a band-aid if you take it off slowly it's going to hurt, you need to just move on and never talk to her again.

When you take a chance you got to be prepared on how they react. I think that moving on is in my best interest!

I'm sorry that it didn't go well in your eyes. I think you should give it some time and see if she iniatites contact. If not, from that you will need to decide if you need to go NC again.

I'm sorry that it didn't go well in your eyes. I think you should give it some time and see if she iniatites contact. If not, from that you will need to decide if you need to go NC again.

I really have No choice in the matter but NC. The reaching out was done by me and I really put myself out there. The can't right now answer to meeting was just a coward way of saying flat out No.

For me to continue contacting her would make me a complete head case w/o her making an attempt. I have tried enough and it really is too bad since I seem to love someone that does not hold the same as me.

If she contacts me again, I will be the one that is surprised

The good thing about this is that you see where her mind really is on the subject... if she really has moved on and isn't thinking about you much, and doesn't even recognize your voice, then she has really moved on and is not contemplating returning.

So your best bet now is to start spending your time meeting new people and doing fun things for you. Allow yourself to think about her for only a couple minutes a day, and if you catch yourself doing that, remind yourself you can think about her later during a prescribed period a day you have set aside for it. You want to get her out of the center of your thoughts and life, and soon, you won't be thinking about her much at all either.

In all fairness, some of it is that they aren't expecting to hear from you. When my ex called me, I didn't recognize his voice either, and it had been about 2 months. I also think he was nervous and not using his normal voice.

Thanks for that... That is more comfort! She paused and a few seconds she knew it was me after I continued talking to her. She did say she was surprised I called after I asked her does it bother her me calling.

Again, , your post makes me feel better. I just want to know our two years mattered and that I mattered!

Archived