Female form of <> blocking?

KG

Cuz it happened to my boy tonight. The neighbor girl found out he was supposed to meet up with this girl, PM'ed him the girl would be 2 hours late.

When my son checked...untrue, she is meeting him on time. I just dropped him off.

Why do they do that?

Probably she wants him for herself.

True, but he's on the verge of his first date, and this cr@p has to come up....I know, I know...I'm the over worrying parent...but I just want smooth sailing for him.

And then this junk happens and he asks "why?"

Well, I suppose it's as well he gets used to it. People play all sorts of games when dating, not dating, trying to date, trying to avoid dating and trying to stop other people dating. It won't be the last time he runs up against something like this.

I know, I know...I'm the over worrying parent...but I just want smooth sailing for him.

And then this junk happens and he asks "why?"

I think it's sweet that he talks to you about this stuff though. Not all kids would actually go to a parent about something like this. It's nice that he still keeps you in the loop. I don't think you're over worrying...if he tells you this stuff, of course you're going to be concerned. You don't want to see him get hurt after all. I do think there is something to be said for letting him experience this in a semi-hands-off way, but if he comes to you with this, you can't very well just tell him he's on his own, so it's no surprise you're a bit concerned.

And I don't want to respond...that's what girls do, tho I think he's getting that idea.

He asked...do ya think Kristen might have made that up?

I replied, Na, just has the times mixed up!

He didn't buy it for a minute! LOL! So he DOES know!

Archived