I've only ever dated total strangers.

BlueEyedBoy

This is what i'm thinking.

Perhaps there is no harm in 'meeting' a complete stranger, its how you pursue things in the following few weeks/months.

Maybe just meeting up a couple of times a week for drinks or cinema etc. Saving candle lit dinner and 'coming back for coffee' until you konw what this person is all about.

Yeah! Lets swap lives, you do what i do and il do what you do and see what happens! haha

There have been 3 significant relationships in the last 10 years of my life all of which I got into after meeting someone in a bar and exchanging numbers.

A few texts, phonecalls, quiet drinks and each relationship started the same way, I.e a about a week after having met them, less in one case.

Thinking about it, if I'd got to know these people as friends for a few months before entering a relationship with them, I may never have gone out with any of them.

Any take on this?

There's nothing wrong with meeting strangers and dating them. But i think its the speed of the dating that can cause problems, if you go to fast you dont really know the REAL person. Eventually people's true colors are revealed.

Archived