saw the ex - spoke my mind

l9grl

I knew I'd run into her sooner or later.

She was all smiles, acting as though nothing happened. She started to tell me how she has been so busy, and that's why I didn't hear from her for awhile, blah, blah...I cut her off and I told her right away that I know she is seeing someone and to not even bother lying to me. She admitted to it. She looked angry, but she at least didn't deny it.

She told me that I wanted more than she wants to give right now. She is too busy to commit to anyone, and that this new person is okay with that. She asked me why I haven't returned her texts, and I told her that I'm not interested in the crumbs she tosses my way. I told her that while I didn't want to hurt her feelings, I also didn't want to be on the side or strung along by her anymore. I turned and walked away.

She then calls out to me that we can get together soon. I didn't even bother to turn back. I just kept walking.

I actually feel sorry for the new person - poor fool!

Thanks people. I know I did the right thing for me. NC and moving on is what I owe to myself. It feels good to know that I won't be 'waiting' for her anymore!

I'm actually looking forward to getting on with my life. This was our 'second chance' and it didn't work. I know I did my best. I won't have any more nagging doubts haunting me, like I did after our first break up.

"She asked me why I haven't returned her texts, and I told her that I'm not interested in the crumbs she tosses my way. I told her that while I didn't want to hurt her feelings, I also didn't want to be on the side or strung along by her anymore. I turned and walked away."

ooohh thats sweet, not interested in the crumbs she tosses my way, i know exactly how you feel and exactly what you mean.

well done and good for you.

Thanks Lugh and Syntax.

ooohh thats sweet, not interested in the crumbs she tosses my way, i know exactly how you feel and exactly what you mean.

I'm so glad I said it! You should have seen her face - her chin just fell. I don't think she was expecting to hear it put so bluntly. I've seriously have had enough of it though. It was like the love starvation diet, always waiting for the next crumb - no thanks. That's no way to live.

All I Ever Wanted Was to Love You
All I Ever Wanted Was to Love You

Archived