The psychic told me exactly what i didn't...

FinneganBell

First off lemme say reading about other people's problems is highly therapeutic.

It's great to see that we can vent heartache and frustration in anonymity to strangers who actually care, unlike my trash collector. He didn't seem too interested in hearing about my major breakup when i was throwing away my X's * * * * ty little bow peep costume from last halloween. I had decided i was going to dress as spiderman instead this year but anyway-

So me and X "officially" called it quits in way back June. We were together for a year n a half. I guess the reason being and i quote my niece " You went from being that hot fresh baked cookie to a stale lump of dough." Which didn't really make sense at first but i guess it meant i had gotten a lil lazy and complacent in the relationship as evidenced by my new found chubbiness and other girlfriend xbox360.(Why the hell do we get fat when we're in love?) Oh yeah, and i didn't want to listen to her whining about her problems anymore. Oops. I guess in hindsight that was a pretty big deal.

Well when she broke it off, not to sound cocky or anything, but i found out i was a pretty hot commodity amongst my lady friends. For the first time in my life I knew what it was like to be a newly single girl.. and it's frickin' sweet! (I'm a guy by the way.You know what i mean.) So i was dating around for awhile and I was feeling really good for just being dumped. It's like i got kicked to a curb full of women. She caught wind of this and was not havin' it. not. one. bit.

So i started getting the constant phone calls and text messages and lets meet up this and that. I was very reluctant to respond but honest to God I love her, always have since day one. She has a 4 year old daughter and I loved her like my own too. I gave in and we went to lunch one day. From then on we were seeing each other and madly in love again. But I always had an itch that it wasn't right. Maybe I wanted to be single, or was scared she'd leave me again. So i broke it off. Then took her back. Then broke it off again. She says this hurt her very much.

There's always that snake in the grass that's waiting to strike his prey. That co-worker, The dude at the gym, The ex, That buddy who is a friend of the boyfriend of her BFF that doesn't like you very much. He could be anyone and he's getting ready for you to f@ck up so he can take your girl. I had decided to quit being an idiot and be that fresh baked cookie she first fell in love with. That's when she told me about the snake. My heart felt like an apple getting bit by a shark. Like that magician getting eaten by the lion he so loved. Now I felt like a newly single guy- alone, depressed, confidence at an all time low.

Man did I feel like crap. I live with some friends who i consider close but i didn't feel comfortable talking to them about this stuff. Not because they suck or won't listen but it's like living with the editors of USWeekly- And I didn't want to become gossip. I know when people ask you "Are you okay?" it shows they care but sometimes it makes you hurt more. I gave mom a call. Nothing feels better than Mom telling you you'll be alright. But it wasn't enough to patch up that broken heart. I just wanted her out of my system because sometimes when you pull you're really pushing.

About a couple weeks after the last time I talk to X I go and visit this psychic that my mom recommended. Usually I'm first to admit these types are full of sh!t but this lady had previously predicted some strange events, a car accident i got into among other things, so I thought i'd check it out. She lived in an old apartment in a bad part of town. It was weird, I felt like Neo going to see the Oracle's. I expected some bald kids to walk out the kitchen bending spoons, but it was just a cute little old lady with white hair smoking a tiny cigarillo. All of a sudden i felt like i had a new grandma.

I hadn't been there more than 5 minutes when CeCe the psychic told me Jennifer was my soulmate. It was truly bittersweet information since all i wanted to hear when i got there was that she was a two bit hussy and that i would forget about her and win the powerball. I brought up the snake and all the other problems and she said none of that mattered and that i'm suppose to be with this girl. So after more creepily true statements (I know about the cold reading techniques but she guessed a lot of things without asking me questions so gave her a little faith) I walked out of there with the advice to never call her, she'd call me, and to go read the Bible, the latter of which I wasn't about to do.

It was several months maybe over a year since I last went to church but i was feeling depressed so i decided follow Cece's advice and go visit Jesus. Right when i pull in to the church parking lot Jennifer calls me saying how much she misses me. I've read some of the posts on this site and I feel like the "Miss You" phone call is common after a break up but under these circumstances I felt really weirded out. Was it a coincidence? Am i walking down a path of false hope? Or does fate exist for people who are meant to be together? We had a friendly conversation and I didn't contact her again for about a week when I ran into her at work. I hadn't seen her in two months and she was beautiful. I tried to play it cool and do a quick hug bye but she followed me to my car and was smelling me all the way. I saw that she still had love in her eyes but i couldn't say anything more than a friend would say. I feel like if I wanted to I could be over her but on the other hand something tells me that we'll be together again. I guess I'll find out in time...

I typically dont believe in this 'stuff' but I went to a psychic party last week. If you've followed my story, you'll see that what she said is applicable. She said:

She said that I am extremely artistic and write poetry. There is something that's had me depressed for quite some time now but that it will get better. She sees a delay with a particular person that has been the cause for my dismay. She sees a move for me and a move for someone else that I know. Someone has me on their mind often and that I'm being missed. Also, the person that I love wants to be alone right now to secure themselves because if they are to be with me, they want to be able to give me and us what I deserve. My wish card came true and I am going to be very happy in love. I'm also not going to have a problem with money..

The kicker? I just found out my ex is moving!!!! (not too far) and the reason we're not together is b/c she wants to be alone...it was just all too close to my life..

I usually don't believe in this stuff, either. But check this out...last summer a few friends dragged me into a psychic's place where we ducked in, when we were wandering around Hollywood looking for a place to eat.

I didn't get a reading but she gave us little "teasers" to try to draw us in. At the time, I was casually dating about 4 guys whose names begin with "J".

At one point, she asked if any of us had names starting with J. We all said no. Then she said, is someone DATING someone whose name starts with J? I said me! But I had no idea WHICH J guy she was referring to. Anyway, she said that I would become serious with this person but that he is just not emotionally available. Then she said I was too much woman for one guy, which I thought was hilarious and used it for bragging rights with my friends.

Anyway, the guy I've been having a tumultuous rel'ship with and have been posting about on this site...he is one of those guys whose name starts with J, and yes, we did get serious, and I wonder if the problems with the ex, and the partying lifestyle...is proving her to be right.

That is the strange thing about these psychics and these freak occurrences of fate- on one hand its very easy to be duped, especially when you're vulnerable and looking for any answer that will make you feel better. On the other hand things like Mr. J or Dani's ex moving away happen and somehow destiny is an excuse for going through the rough patches in life. What do you think? Do you think we hear these things and make them happen for ourselves or are there really gifted people out there who have a greater insight into our emotions and well being?

That is the strange thing about these psychics and these freak occurrences of fate- on one hand its very easy to be duped, especially when you're vulnerable and looking for any answer that will make you feel better. On the other hand things like Mr. J or Dani's ex moving away happen and somehow destiny is an excuse for going through the rough patches in life. What do you think? Do you think we hear these things and make them happen for ourselves or are there really gifted people out there who have a greater insight into our emotions and well being?

It's very hard to say. Here's the thing. That psychic I mentioned...my friend ended up going back to her and paying lord knows how much to get a reading. The woman apparently took my friend to the cleaners. Didn't tell her anything important (or so my friend says) and tried to get her to buy some super-expensive "healing candle." So, after I heard that, that really blew her credibility somewhat with me.

That being said, I do think there is some kind of energy in the universe that we can tap into, to make "predictions" or reveal some hidden events. I had a dream that came true once. I also had this happen: when I was a kid, I picked up the phone, and the person on the other end was a stranger, asking for my mother. I had a premonition that she was going to tell my mother that my father had been having an affair. Let me say, there was NO reason for me to think this...my father was and is a salt of the earth, upstanding, ethical guy who would have never cheated on my mother.

Sure enough, my mom got on the phone and listened, then started crying...apparently, my dad got in with some slimy people who tried to blackmail him by telling my mom about an "affair" he never had.

Strange, huh?

As an adult, I've had pretty strong "gut" feelings. When I found out my bf was with a girl, while we were broken up, I somehow knew it was his ex, even though he had talked smack about her prior to that, and I had no idea they were contacting each other behind my back prior to our break up.

Archived