Should I really do it?

Daligal83
5 Signs of A Strong Friendship – ...
5 Signs of A Strong Friendship – Spotting A True Friend

I posted another thread about this kid I met tailgating at a football game. I said I was going to ask my friend that brought me to give him my number.

I'm of course hesitant about looking like an idiot if he declines. I mean I know he was being really flirty while I was there and he came up to me. But who knows what his situation is.

My other hesitation is I'm not entirely sure of my friend's intentions. He's a lot older than me, I think he's in his 40's, that I met through work. He's not a coworker, but I had to work with him due to my job at the time. This was the first time I saw him outside of work. But he gave me a free ticket, picked me up (with another coworker of his), paid for parking, and for a bottle of water. He was pretty attentive during the game but I think that's just cause he's a really nice guy and didn't want me to feel out of place since I didn't know anyone.

I left my jacket in his other coworkers car by mistake so he called me tonight. The only weird part is that he was about to say something about his kids and he's like, I know I shouldn't be talking about my kids. I asked why and he said that the coworker that went to the game said that he shouldn't talk about his kids all day long. I was like, well it's your kids though. Isn't that kind of a weird thing to say? Anyway...I doubt it's something more than just being nice. But some part of me is worried.

Should I really go ahead with the plan and ask him to give the guy my number?

not being funny, but youll have to do it by going to the next game

Regarding kids, either someone's had ago at him about always talking about them OR he is interested in you, and he think it would be silly to scare you off with talks of children =

there the only 2 options i can think of.

Yea that's what I was thinking...I just don't know how to figure it out. And I'd look like a jerk if he is interested and I ask him to give the guy my number. But I also don't want to lose out on an opportunity.

I can't go to the next game. The games are all sold out and I only went to that one because my friend had an extra ticket. Besides, if I was offered another ticket, it's just too cold for me to be going now haha. I love my team and all, but I want to enjoy watching them and not be miserable.

Besides, if I was offered another ticket, it's just too cold for me to be going now haha. I love my team and all, but I want to enjoy watching them and not be miserable.

If everything went well you wouldn't have to worry about the cold for long XD

Seriously though, you just gotta weigh the jerk-factor against the opportunity.

Would you ever consider the 40yo a prospect? Unless the answer's yes, think about this. If he likes you, he'll probably be a little sore, but he'll get over it, and if you really like this kid, I'd go for it, I mean, life's too short for missing opportunities like that...

Though... eh, TBH, I'd get your friend to ask the guy for *his* number - it would be all to easy for him to not pass yours on and make you think the guy just wasn't interested.

• 2 weeks later...

A little...but I don't have a good track record with guys. They always end up being weird in some way. So I don't have a ton of faith at this point...but I'm apparently going to keep trying anyway!

I also get scared that I misread signals and he's not actually interested and I'll look like an idiot.

I can relate to you so much. I met a girl on Friday at a halloween party, I felt we hit it off good, she gave me her number, she texted me like an hour later, she's up for getting together, we talked last night and connected on so many things, and now all I can think of is "does she really genuinely like me, or does she want to be friends" I'm now paralized because I want to call her but I don't want to come off as desperate and end up being her "girlfriend", or ignored altogether.

Trust me, there's anxiety on both ends, and I can't help but psych myself out.

Yea but it's a given for this guy. Through my friend, I gave him my number. It's obvious I'm interested. He should just call! haha

By the way, it sounds like this girl likes you. Don't go crazy calling her or anything, but I think you're in a good spot. Ask her out on a date for this weekend.

Archived