One night stands

I was reading some posts about healing today and was pondering about my own pathway. My ex had a one-night stand just a few weeks after we broke up, and i can honestly say that i have never felt as desperately hurt as when I found that out. Just knowing that he was willing to do that knowing that it had the potential to devastate me was a nasty pill to swallow.

Has anyone else experienced this? Do you think that it ever plays on their conscience? Because I know that I could never, ever do something like that myself if the situation ever arose.

ive never had a 1 night stand, i always seem to meet up again o.0 ( guess its just not ment for me)

but to be honest, those few times have been when ive broken up with someone, gone out and got drunk with my mates and had a "get over it, your free now" drinking session were my mates are trying to cheer me up.

i think his case is simular, its a childish immature rebound approach to push yourself on, and "get over it".

Though I can understand your pain (been there), your ex did nothing wrong. You are broken up now. So I'm not sure it should evr play on his conscience.

But like I've said, yes, I've been there...and it's not fun, but eventually it will be another thing that will help you move on.

Thanks for all your posts. I think it's just hard for me to get my head round, that in the blink of an eye, the bed that I had slept with him was now occupied by some random stranger, and I was replaced, just like that.

You can't wrap your brain around it. I couldn't wrap my brain around what my exhusband did. It's inconvievable. But the reality is...it happened. And I'm so sorry for your pain.

~Allie

Spyral, I am going through the exact same thing and the best thing I could do is just not think about it. If someone can move on that fast, or has a one night stand right after a relationship ends, that means they never didn't think about reconciling with you. All you can do is to look forward.

Archived