Introspection and looking back, true and accurate?

I have been reading a lot of post and it seems like after some distance (time after break up) you see a lot of clarity - your fault, their fault, what happened, who they really are, what you are, all the events that happened.... and then you seems to understand it in some ways.....

My question is, are those thoughts and views accurate enough? Only have you have distance, can you see clarity? and they are the truth? I just wonder how accurate is our accessment of the relationship after some time...

Ive noticed the clarity. I suppose anything you see about your relationship after the fact IS as accurate as your going to get, as no one else is going to give you another prospective save your ex themselves, but not all of us get that luxury. As long as your not delusional i think the clarity can be for real, but a person recognizing he or she is delusional, doesnt happen very often. For me, id like to think i am keeping the relationship real, and seeing the truth behind it, but i really dont know.

I agree, when the break up is new the the pain is fresh, we're just so emotional. We're trying to get them back, we forget what led to the break up, we put them on a pedastel as if they were perfect, that they were meant for us.

Once the pain goes away, you do see what was really there and come to grip with reality. Then you realize it's for the better for what ever reason.

Archived