Question

I know this is kinda dumb to be asking a question about, but I am going to ask anyways.

I have been working at my new job for almost 3 weeks now, have not missed a day yet. Well this morning around 4am at work my feet started killing me quite literally... To the point I was partially limping I guess. The job requires me to be on my feet, lots of bending, standing, crouching, lifting. In the beginning I got bad blisters from the footwear I wore, I have different shoes now, in way better shape and they do fit, yet this morning my feet were hurting a lot. It took me 4 hours until I fell asleep, because of this...

Here is the problem, my feet are still hurting and its now 6:45pm where I am at, so I am very worried in a way, my feet have never hurt for this long... I honestly do not want to go to work if they still hurt this much. This could pose a problem though where I am new and such... I just don't know what to do though. I need the job, but if I go I will just be upset, grumpy and in pain the whole time, and honestly get no work done for the most part. If my feet still hurt like this by 9 or so I was going to just call in and tell them I am sick...

This shouldn't worry me but I don't want them firing me for missing one shift, esspecially if I call and such. Maybe I am being a baby about I don't know, lots of people tough it out and some don't... The past 2 weeks I have been toughing some nights out, but tonight the pain is just a lot to try and even bear. I figured if they still hurt I can at least get a day of rest.

I suppose I was wondering if this is going to cause a major problem at work, to the point of being fired? I work at Zellers by the way on night shift, so there is not alot of people.

I do everything they ask of me, I get to work early, and leave when the work is done, and I do work hard. I know it always sucks if you miss a day... Where itsa new job its just stressing me out I guess.

I highly doubt they'll fire you about this. You can be really straight-forward with them & tell them how much pain you're experiencing. Say something like "I swear if I could even get up on my feet right now, I'd come to work, but I can't even stand up" & let them know that you just need some rest to take the pressure off your body for a day. I'm sure they'll understand, & if they're that cold-hearted to not understand, then you shouldn't even be working there...

Thank you both. Yes, last night I called in sick and just went back to bed and tried to stay off my feet, well that is all fine and well I guess, but now my left foot hurts even more than my right one So yeah I am still in a lot of pain. I am going back to bed though and hoping I feel better before my shift. I don't want to miss another day if I can help it, but litterally it feels like my feet hardly feel any better than yesterday.

Archived