She doesn't withdraw and it makes me doubt...

Stinkweed

Well there is a girl I thought might've been interested in me. Thing is, I was never 100% convinced cause if she were interested it looked like it wasn't a very enthusiastic interest, to say the least. We continue to talk. I've asked her out twice not counting the first time I did, which was pretty vague and she looked like she was in a hurry to get somewhere, but still twice... I've never asked a girl out more than once (cause usually once is all it takes for them to reject me and start ignoring me...). So yeah, the second time I tried to ask her out I did get her phone number. She rejected me when I called by sayin she'd be busy and I figured, oh well, and deleted the number from my cellphone, cause I took it like she wasn't interested cause from the two times I asked her if she wanted to go out on a specific day, she just said she'd be busy and didn't suggest a time of her convenience that MIGHT fit into my schedule as well.

But she's continued to talk to me and sit close to me. Will somebody please tell me she just wants to me my friend and nothing more? I mean, she is a cool person (at least from what I gathered from talking to her) and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't interested, but if she just told me she's not interested in more than a friendship, It'd be okay, and cool, a new friend, and I'd just move on. But right now... every now and then I think it was a real knuckle-headed move to delete her number and that I should be calling right now! I'm trying hard not to be biased, cause I really don't know what she thinks of me (is she just vaguely interested, uninterested, does she EVER think about me after school, does she want me to call again? I don't want to be the fool that doesn't get a clue, but at the same time I think that if she's interested, this might be hurting my chances cause she might think I am the one that's not interested enough).

If you asked her twice I would leave it at that.

perhaps see if anything develops from the friendship but I would'nt activly pursue it any further

I took a nap and I see it this way now... I agree. Forget about this one. I knew from day 1 that this would probably be nothing, and I let myself start thinking it was something else.

You were right to delete her number because you might have used it and scared her away. It is her turn to make a move now.

Maybe... I don't feel bad for deleting her number anymore. I had never had a girl just start sitting next to me out of nowhere... It's not like we have anything real in common, anyway, so I dunno. I guess she thinks I'd think she's rude, or something, if she started sitting with the other people she knows.

Thank you both for your responses and best wishes.

You asked her out twice and she never reciprocated. She continues to sit by you and talk because she knows you like her and it's flattering. You're stroking her ego. That, or she feels she has to coddle you so you don't feel bad about being rejected.

Yes I bet that's what it is... How can I gradually withdraw myself, then, without being overly/obviously rude?

Edit: actually, nevermind. I am kinda pissed off now. I don't care if I am rude... No wonder everybody else in class looked at me funny, cause probably, everybody knew except me, lol. And for the 10000000th time I never asked for this, I was perfectly happy by myself, nobody bothering me. Seriously, there must be some sadistic force out there that's behind this sequence of events... I'm not a bad person, and I don't think I deserve to be made fun of...

Well not precisely being made fun of... Just, the fact that I've just been an ego boost all along makes me feel like a sucker. Feels like I've been taken advantage of so to speak... I'm angry at myself for letting myself believe. I didn't need this girl to start sitting next to me, instead of close to her friends, and talking to me. I already talked to people from class who sat close to me. Still, that's my problem, normally this shouldn't have affected me in any way, but it did, and that's why... I dunno, man. I just feel like a damn fool.

Archived