She Rejected Me

grymoire
ASK OUT meaning (phrasal verb)
ASK OUT meaning (phrasal verb)

Hi folks,

I sent her this message in Facebook - "Hi, it was nice meeting you at the party and I really enjoyed the ride back home. I am interested in getting to know you more. What's your number? I'd like to ask you out for a coffee".

and in 10 minutes she replied - "Thanks I'm flattered.. but to be honest you are not my type.. sorry.. and the ride was because you are a good friend of my friend. Not sure how it gave you the wrong ideas"

I don't understand why she says that I got the wrong ideas.. is it wrong to ask out a girl? see... this is one of the reasons why I believe that women get very bothered if a guy asks them out.... if she is into the guy then its a different story but otherwise... oh well....

sigh.... i should have known the outcome... she was damn hot and model material.... i don't even know what i have as an equivalent... that's why i started a thread yesterday asking what is the equivalent of a woman's beauty for a man and it got derailed and eventually closed...

well... in any case... thanks to everyone... i am glad about your support and i am thankful to her for giving me a honest answer..

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't understand why she says that I got the wrong ideas.. is it wrong to ask out a girl? see... this is one of the reasons why I believe that women get very bothered if a guy asks them out.... if she is into the guy then its a different story but otherwise... oh well....

No, it's not wrong, Grymoire. Her response was out of line. To me, it's rude to say "don't know how you got the wrong idea." She should know better than that. I think most women realize that being asked out by a guy is not about that. It has nothing to do with the ideas we give him. It has to do with the guy being attracted and wanting to get to know us more, period. Her use of that line was lame, IMO.

No, it's not wrong, Grymoire. Her response was out of line. To me, it's rude to say "don't know how you got the wrong idea." She should know better than that. I think most women realize that being asked out by a guy is not about that. It has nothing to do with the ideas we give him. It has to do with the guy being attracted and wanting to get to know us more, period. Her use of that line was lame, IMO.

thanks lady.. but this is not the first time this is happening... i had another girl do the same thing in a more intense way.. to the point where i had to say "God.. give me a break here... what is so wrong in conveying my interest? is it a sin to like some one?"

I wonder how guys would feel if they kept getting asked out by women they did not find attractive. They would not like it much, I imagine. Still, she did not have to be so rude and snotty. That was WAY out of line! You dodged a bullet there, my friend.

happens all the time. i get hit on by girls i'm not attracted to. last girl i told her she wasn't my type. she could sense it. she wasn't shunned, she was actually appreciative for being honest.

I wonder how guys would feel if they kept getting asked out by women they did not find attractive.

even if get asked out by unattractive for the next 100 days continuously there is absolutely no way that i would hurt even one single girl. i would actually feel happy because they are making me feel wanted.

sorry bud il be honest with ya, you got guts, but

Hi, it was nice meeting you at the party and I really enjoyed the ride back home. I am interested in getting to know you more. What's your number? I'd like to ask you out for a coffee

shouldve been something more like

hey it was really nice meeting you at the party, i really enjoyed your company and had a great time, just wanted to say thanks for the ride home i know this is abit out of the blue but i was wondering if youd like to a grab a coffee or something sometime? talk soon x

maybe not exactly but i think the key points were it doesnt ask for her number straight away, its not saying " i want to date you", but your letting her know you enjoyed her company and you wanna meet up in a relaxed manner.

just my advise for next time

maybe not exactly but i think the key points were it doesnt ask for her number straight away, its not saying " i want to date you", but your letting her know you enjoyed her company and you wanna meet up in a relaxed manner.

But isn't the end result the same? If the girl isn't into the guy, she will reject him. If she likes what she sees and likes the initial conversation, she will say yes. No matter how he says it. IMO the way Grymoire phrased it wasn't really the issue here.

I guess in a borderline case where the woman is not sure, the phrasing might make a difference. I'm not saying that you can just phrase it any which way and it won't turn a woman off who is already interested, just saying that I don't think the phrasing was really the issue here.

thanks syntax.

in the other thread i was advised to make my intentions very clear... to let her know that i am interested in dating her... that's why i used the line that was recommended

But isn't the end result the same? If the girl isn't into the guy, she will reject him. No matter how he says it. IMO the way Grymoire phrased it wasn't really the issue here.

i donno, when i read his msg i got the vibe he was trying to jump right in there, im just offering my advise thats all, your peopel shoices if you take it or not end of the day

thanks syntax.

in the other thread i was advised to make my intentions very clear... to let her know that i am interested in dating her... that's why i used the line that was recommended

its good to make your intentions clear, but same point i think that should be left for the first date if all goes well if ya get what i mean?

Hey...at least you tried! That takes a LOT of guts! So good for you, not every attempt is going to be successful, so don't be too down over it. I agree that her response was a tad rude, a simple, "No, thanks" would have been enough. Telling someone they're not you're type is like adding salt to the wound.

short and sweet is my motto. She didnt have to go into details as to why she wasnt interested. what a Biatch! lol.

Yeah dude, its all good. Head up and on to the next. Maybe there is a problem with the way you are asking them out?

Show confidence

hmmm.. i kinda think that the problem was not with the way i asked her out or anything to do with my confidence..

she clearly says that i am not her type... i am Indian... she is Indian American.

Archived