MySpace and Facebook

renaissancewoman101
Dating Someone Not Attracted To - D...
Dating Someone Not Attracted To - Do It!

Background info:

Would you ever send an friend invite from your MySpace to someone you are attracted to? Is it too much too soon?

I am going to make a valiant try to see if I can date this guy but have to get to know him better first. I am a bit concerned about the fact he is religious but I'm the type of person if I like, I overlook things and see how things turn out.

Also, are mutual friends trustworthy, in terms of information they give me, if they are going to tell him I like him?, stuff like that?

I would and I have. I think myspace/facebook friendship is pretty meaningless and trivial. I have a lot of "friends" there that I've only met once and am not really friends with. I always add new crushes though, just as I add new friends. To me it's not a big deal and not something I think a lot about. I just like to see their profiles because I'm curious and I like them.

I'm worried about if our mutual friend might tell him I like him.

Is this someone you trust? I would hope that she would have more sense than to tell your crush you like him. There's an unwritten rule among girlfriends. You just don't do that.

I would and I have. I think myspace/facebook friendship is pretty meaningless and trivial. I have a lot of "friends" there that I've only met once and am not really friends with. I always add new crushes though, just as I add new friends. To me it's not a big deal and not something I think a lot about. I just like to see their profiles because I'm curious and I like them.

I like your way of thinking. His profile is also public so I have checked it out before. Our mutual friend was also the one who told me about it and told me to go check his profile out.

I don't want to seem like I am interested in him, not yet.

Is this someone you trust? I would hope that she would have more sense than to tell your crush you like him. There's an unwritten rule among girlfriends. You just don't do that.

I do trust her. She says she's trustworthy. If she didn't think he was dateable, I think she would tell me.

I dunno. I've been burned before by friends, so I'm a bit leery.

I like your way of thinking. His profile is also public so I have checked it out before. Our mutual friend was also the one who told me about it and told me to go check his profile out.

I don't want to seem like I am interested in him, not yet.

I guess it depends on the person, but I've never assumed that a guy likes me as more than friends just because he adds me as a friend on fb/myspace. That's because I add everyone and accept requests from everyone, provided that I have actually met them and know who they are. So for me, it's pretty meaningless and so I guess I assume that when other people add me, it doesn't mean much to them either. I guess I could be wrong though, some guys may assume I like them because I add them as friends. Never really gave it much thought.

Yes, it is the guy, but I haven't made a move on him. I've posted a few threads about him in the last 2 days.

It isn't the lady's husband or that guy I met at war who I somewhat did some heavy petting with.

well, i'd keep with the in person interaction and show some interest more.

For those of you out there, if someone was religious and had issues with premarital sex, would that bother you or turn you off? Just curious.

I don't really know. Well, if that meant that all forms of sex would be out...even down to heavy petting...that would not work with me. But if it was just intercourse that was out, I don't know...I could possibly be OK with that.

I don't really know. Well, if that meant that all forms of sex would be out...even down to heavy petting...that would not work with me. But if it was just intercourse that was out, I don't know...I could possibly be OK with that.

I'm not sure what she meant, probably just the actual sex part. She did tell me yesterday that he was religious and not into premarital sex. I don't know why she just mentioned that to me out of the blue when I asked about the possibility of dating him. It's not like I am after just that from guys.

I'm getting myself worked up all over nothing right now. For all things said, he may NOT have an interest in me down the road OR want to date me.

I know thinking abuout this has cheered me up a lot and I am a lot cheerier and chipper at work that I'm not letting the weirdness of that place bother me.

I like having a crush on someone, so highschool like.

look, i think crushes are fun too. but i wouldn't overthink things at all. a friend request on myspace, facebook, etc.... i don't think that is 'being too forward.' it's just whatever.

regarding pre-marital sex, etc..... i'd say you are putting the cart before the horse. seeing as how you haven't even gone on a date with this guy yet, it's not the kind of thing you really need to be worrying about right now. now, if you two are dating for 6 months, that might be the sort of thing you would need to talk about.

regarding pre-marital sex, etc..... i'd say you are putting the cart before the horse. seeing as how you haven't even gone on a date with this guy yet, it's not the kind of thing you really need to be worrying about right now. now, if you two are dating for 6 months, that might be the sort of thing you would need to talk about.

Annie's got a great point here. Don't get too far ahead of yourself. Just enjoy getting to know him.

I understand how you said you're the type to just focus on one person. I am the same way. But over the years, I've been able to expand on that a bit and have interest in a couple of people at the same time. I think that helps a lot because it's not putting all my eggs in one basket until I'm exclusive with one guy. Try looking around and seeing if there is anyone else. I've never had interest in more than a couple people at a time, and I don't date more than one person at a time. But I still think that at least getting to know more than one new eligible guy at a time is a good idea.

Annie24, I just had a concern about premarital sex, because I can be a very sexual person and I like that part of a relationship very much. Also, people who are religious, sometimes can be uptight and such.

Yes, I am putting the cart before the horse and I shouldn't do that. For all things concerned, this may go nowhere, since he may not be interested in me.

But thinking about this helps me feel less depressed and unhappy about other things like work situation and my own life.

Lady00, I still have my eyes open to guys whom I may be interested in. Guys don't just drop in my lap, though

Jay_Bird, I didn't just find him on MySpace. Our mutual friend has his profile as a "friend" on her MySpace so I went and checked that out.

Annie24, I just had a concern about premarital sex, because I can be a very sexual person and I like that part of a relationship very much. Also, people who are religious, sometimes can be uptight and such.

Yes, I am putting the cart before the horse and I shouldn't do that. For all things concerned, this may go nowhere, since he may not be interested in me.

just saying, no point in worrying about things that haven't even happened yet. he may not even date girls outside his religion, so you don't have to worry about premarital sex with this guy at all. just saying.......

just get to know him, one day at a time. i agree with lady about getting to know other guys also and not focusing your attentions on any one guy at a time.

Archived