Route to a date - girls advice?

Godwin

I am probably in a similar situation to a lot of people on this board whereby I have concluded that I am not going to meet someone via my work, through my friends or online. thereforee I am resigned to the fact that the next person I am likely to date is a going to be a stranger.

I have read a lot of people suggesting that a good way to get a date is to simply ask someone for there number after having a conversation.

My question to the ladies is thus, Is the following example appropriate and representative of a typical 'Can I have your number' scenario and what exactly would you make of this type of advance?

Your at an social event such as a nightclub, wine tasting, bar or even a wedding.

You get chatting to a guy, seems to be quite nice, intelligent, not threatening etc

Part way into the conversation, the guy says he needs to go and meet his friends, but he then says "It was good talking to you, would be nice to do it again sometime, if I give me your number we could maybe meet for a drink".

Thoughts please?

Spot on, not pushy, non threatening and if she found you as interesting as you did her - she will say yes!

This is the new route I am going to take then. I realise chances are few and far between so I need to seize the day.

approach -> conversation -> phone number -> date -> relationship

sounds okay. you'll likely get the number. the next thing you'll worry about is what to say when you call/text her to invite her out. of course, you don't do the inviting instantly. introduce yourself again first, talk about a scenario during the event where you met or the topic that you have chat about so she would fondly recall you. good luck! ^__^

sounds okay. you'll likely get the number. the next thing you'll worry about is what to say when you call/text her to invite her out. of course, you don't do the inviting instantly. introduce yourself again first, talk about a scenario during the event where you met or the topic that you have chat about so she would fondly recall you. good luck! ^__^

Thanks, I am going to a wine-tasting this weekend and it should have a number of single, like minded people there.

Will defo be trying this approach.

I think once I have the number, the rest should come naturally. I hope!

This is the new route I am going to take then. I realise chances are few and far between so I need to seize the day.

approach -> conversation -> phone number -> date -> relationship

That looks pretty reasonable, however keep in mind that it is unlikely the first person you date will result in a relationship. Or the second.. or the third.. Don't get discouraged if it takes you a while to find someone who is compatible with you enough to be in a relationship with. Be picky! Think ahead of time if there are certain characteristics that you will not compromise... if they want children, smoker, multiple divorces, etc.

I have a friend that doesn't date much, so whenever he meets someone & it doesn't work out he gets extremely discouraged. That isn't good! It didn't work out.. so move on to someone new.

Consider dating a way to have a fun evening & meet someone new. If it results in another few dates, great! If not, then next time you'll have a fun evening with someone new.

If you don't meet very many women, try to get out more to places with a lot of people. A club, a singles dance, church.. you already know

you don't need to ask girls on this at all. i've done that scenario plenty of times. if she's into you, which if she's having good conversation with you she probably is, she will give you her number. go for it. it might be your only opportunity.

Well it wouldn't bother me if I was chatting to a guy at a function and he asked for my number. I'd take it that he had an interest.....and that would be ok with me, if I had an interest too.

What I would find creepy, is if some random guy approached me on the main street and asked for my number....

Archived