Do men have standards?

speak

So, I was curious -

I'm a girl and I have standards for what I want in a boyfriend/husband.

I have morals and I don't sleep around and so on...

So my question is: Do men have standards for what they want in a girlfriend/wife? If so - what are they guys?

Also - I have another question: There are some girls who think that if they put out a guy will stay with them. Will a guy stay in a relationship with a girl merely because of sex and nothing else?

Are you serious?

Yes guys have standards - some guys have rather low ones, but then so do some girls.

Standards vary from guy to guy, they may focus on looks, personality, chemistry, practicality, or yes, sex.

Some guys may stay in a relationship just for the sex, but then so may some girls.

That helpful at all?

Of course guys have standards.. Most guys are no different than females in that aspect. There are male dogs and there are also just as many females who are dogs and have no standards. And yes, guys will stay in a relationship just for the sex however it isn't a very productive relationship and usually doesn't last too long.

quality guys will have standards... i have standards when i have a gf.. and prob even more standards when i get married one day...

some guys will stay with someone just for sex... but it will end fast... its important to build a foundation to a healthy rel....

So, I was curious -

So my question is: Do men have standards for what they want in a girlfriend/wife? If so - what are they guys?

Also - I have another question: There are some girls who think that if they put out a guy will stay with them. Will a guy stay in a relationship with a girl merely because of sex and nothing else?

Generally yes but they're different to woman's standards because men and women are different.

Not because of sex and nothing else, but sex can be used to convince a guy to stay.

So, I was curious -

So my question is: Do men have standards for what they want in a girlfriend/wife? If so - what are they guys?It varies from guy to guy. Same as for girls. Different strokes for different folks

Also - I have another question: There are some girls who think that if they put out a guy will stay with them. Will a guy stay in a relationship with a girl merely because of sex and nothing else?Yes and so do girls sometimes.

Answers in bold.

Well if there is a guy in a relationship this way and a girl comes along that they really like and see something special in - will they leave their relationship for her?

uummm guys don't usually follow the see something special way of thinking its usually who is better looking and has the more agreeable/sane personality.

Depends entirely on the man.

I have standards on what type of girl I want to end up with. First off all she has to be smart, funny, and has to love being with me. Secondly, she has to be attractive. She must have brown hair with blonde highlights and lowlights. I want one of those women that drive those blk range rovers, who have fit bodies and you know they are married to some big time construction worker or architect.

She must have brown hair with blonde highlights and lowlights. I want one of those women that drive those blk range rovers

She has to have her hair that way...and she HAS to drive a range rover!?

I don't think that's realistic.

I have standards on what type of girl I want to end up with. First off all she has to be smart, funny, and has to love being with me. Secondly, she has to be attractive. She must have brown hair with blonde highlights and lowlights. I want one of those women that drive those blk range rovers, who have fit bodies and you know they are married to some big time construction worker or architect.

Hopefully you're not being serious?

yes, guys have standards. i have a lot of close male friends and i know for a fact that they look for the type of girls whom they can bring home and introduce to their moms...and that's very interesting. it may seem that they'll fall for and hook up with any hot chick they bump into the club, but truth is, at the end of the day, they still go for women with character and substance. ^__^

Dude, that's halirious. I do hope you are kidding though.

To answer the original question, yes, guys have standards. For me: Smart, educated, not stubborn, attractive, likes outdoor activities, likes to stay in shape, is genuine and does not use people. Ohh and she HAS to have brown hair with blong highlight. jk, LOL. Anyways, some people have pretty intense standards. A couple of my ethnic firends will not settle for a girl tha't not their ethnicity.

And yes, some guys will stay with a girl for sex. those guys really don't want a relationhip, they just want sex.

My standards:

- Someone I can be myself around.

- Someone who is forward looking.

- Someone who can sooth with just a glance.

- Someone who can laugh when times are good or bad.

- Someone who reminds me how lucky I am to live, by doing nothing but smiling.

- Someone who I can stand with against the ages and know we did our best and it was Great.

Some guys will stay for sex, but they are easily spotted as they have no long term goals for the relationship.

So, I was curious -

of course i have morals and standards.

and yes, some day i wouldn't mind being married, but that i can see being far out. so much crap to have to weed through to get there. i would really have to trust a girl. from what i've seen and experienced, it's very very rare to find that special someone.

i would never stay with a girl just because she put out unless i really liked her both physically and mentally.

and i like women that are:

-in shape/work out

-funny

-smart

-go to college or are done

-family-oriented

-outgoing

-don't care about what other's think

-not a drama queen

-usually brunette

here is my question to the guys. If the sex is good with a guy and he wants to have sex with you everytime he sees you. Does that mean he's only in the relationship for the sex?

If he's discussed his feelings and his plans and has told you he's revising them so you will be a part of it, does that mean he really likes the girl?

I know as a girl I want a guy who is family oriented, loyal, smart, funny, my protector, and wants to tear my clothes off whenever he's around me. I only want one guy. i just want THE guy. Is this impossible? Since from what you are saying it sounds like liking sex with the girl means that is all there is for the guys.

not necessarily. the guy could just enjoy sex with you. i think it's healthy in any relationship to have sex and lots of it.

as far as the plans part, that's all talk until you see the actions. i can't really comment on that. guys can go either way. nothing is for certain.

She has to have her hair that way...and she HAS to drive a range rover!?

I don't think that's realistic.

Hopefully you're not being serious?

I'll buy her the range rover. I'm just stereotyping the type of girl. Thats the best I can describe her.

Archived