I don't know if this is even worth interpreting but...

Stardusk

About 2 weeks ago I met this girl (Japanese, important point, a different one mind you); we had a few 'dates' (nothing happened) but she seemed into me. We were supposed to meet up tonight but she didn't show; I called her up and she claimed to have sent me a text message (which I never got) saying that all of the sudden her professor gave her tons of reading and she couldn't make it tonight. I asked about this up and coming weekend and she was all booked but said she could cram me in (not her words) on Friday afternoon between 11:00 and 14:00. I told her to be honest if she didn't want to see me and she claimed that it wasn't that. I am wondering why she booked up her entire weekend so far in advance when just yesterday nothing was booked. Any interpretations?

I get the feeling something better came up. Old friend in town, old boyfriend wanted to hang out...something. I actually do have a friend and she is completely booked all weekend with studies...but I guarantee if there was a new guy in her life she'd make at least some time to hang out. I think she's got other plans...but it is too early not to give her the benefit of the doubt.

I'd have some suspicions just like you though.

I get the feeling something better came up. Old friend in town, old boyfriend wanted to hang out...something. I actually do have a friend and she is completely booked all weekend with studies...but I guarantee if there was a new guy in her life she'd make at least some time to hang out. I think she's got other plans...but it is too early not to give her the benefit of the doubt.

I'd have some suspicions just like you though.

Yeah, I figure if were really into me, she would be more eager about meeting up with me. Maybe I have been put in the friend zone. I will meet up with her Friday and assume that is our last meeting since it's up to her in the future if she wants to meet up. Skepticism is needed.

Some girls like to be chased a little. I'd give it a little more effort without being pushy and if you're still getting this vibe then it might be best to just stop contacting her and if she contacts you fine...and if not then that is life.

She's just not that into you. I've used the "I've got tons of studying to do" as an excuse before when I wasn't all into someone. Do yourself a favor and move on to meeting someone that doesn't have to cram you in on her busy schedule. Because when you like someone, you will never be too busy for them.

I'm Japanese, and I have to say Japanese kids are very flaky. and In general, we avoid confrontations(thus a text msg instead of proper phone call) It's hard to tell if she likes you or not because we don't really show emotions.

My bf said I was the hardest person to read when we first started dating.

It's gonna be quite a challenge, my friend.

Don't think too much, and ask her out on a date again and see where it goes...

Good luck!

Some girls like to be chased a little. I'd give it a little more effort without being pushy and if you're still getting this vibe then it might be best to just stop contacting her and if she contacts you fine...and if not then that is life.

Word and Word.

I'm Japanese, and I have to say Japanese kids are very flaky. and In general, we avoid confrontations(thus a text msg instead of proper phone call) It's hard to tell if she likes you or not because we don't really show emotions.

My bf said I was the hardest person to read when we first started dating.

It's gonna be quite a challenge, my friend.

Don't think too much, and ask her out on a date again and see where it goes...

Good luck!

Yes...that and the whole Uchi/Soto thing. You guys really seem like robots to me sometimes, no offence. I don't feel like being warm to her anyway and since she is like a robot I don't think she will mind either.

Still...one would think that the basics of human behaviour are still in place for Japanese folk so if she wanted to have another 'date' she would have left her weekend open.

She didn't send you the text. She lied and blew you off. I'd move on.

Maybe she did and it didn't go through...I'd like to give her the benefit of the doubt as she has been up front with me thus far and for a Japanese chick she is quite cool.

Maybe she did and it didn't go through...I'd like to give her the benefit of the doubt as she has been up front with me thus far and for a Japanese chick she is quite cool.

Do text messages usually fail to come through for you or is this something new? Honestly.

Besides, who just sends a text to cancel a date anyway? I would have the courtesy and respect to call a girl and make sure she got the message if I had to cancel.

Do text messages usually fail to come through for you or is this something new? Honestly.

Besides, who just sends a text to cancel a date anyway? I would have the courtesy and respect to call a girl and make sure she got the message if I had to cancel.

She's Japanese.

Happy 1st Month to my GladysJane :)
Happy 1st Month to my GladysJane :)

Archived