Unexpectedly wanting him...

trying2forget

Hey! Hope you guys are all doing well.

So short backstory: identified myself as a lesbian until about 2 months ago when I realized I'm bisexual but still favouring girls. My best friend is also my ex girlfriend with whom I broke up with about a month ago, but we're still best friends.

Anyway, this exgf/bff of mine transferred to a different college with me in mid-August. We room together, etc. We tend to do most everything together.

I met this guy and a bunch of his friends through a school organization. My friend (let's just call her ... Sara) and I started to go to this guy's place to hang out and party and stuff.

I like this guy. I really, really like him. When I first met him, I was with "Sara" and then we broke up. He knows we're not together, but I've never really been with a guy before.

I don't know how to flirt with him.

I don't want to come accross as a skanky person who just wants sex.

I just want him to know I like him.

I considered telling him via facebook chat or something of the sort but I don't know if I should.

I just don't know. And I have a feeling he doesn't like me. But I really want him to. But he probably has no idea I'm even interested...

UGHHHHH.

This is depressing me so much. I really need help. Please????

"Hey. So, this probably won’t come out as smoothly as I’m planning as I type this but I need to tell you. If I don’t I’ll regret it- and I hate having regrets. I like you. Plain and simple. I just do. And as I said, I just felt as if I needed to tell you."

This would be the message I'd send him online.

I feel like I'm in middle school.

Oh nooo, I wouldnt tell him by facebook, if it's this big of a deal.

If he doesnt have any interest in you, chances are he doesnt know you COULD like a man, and probably wrote you off as unattainable from the start, as well as the fact that you're an ex of his friend as well. You met on neutral terms though, and it sounds like you're closer to him than "Sara" is. Regardless, I would try hanging out with him, and just respond naturally to him, as that's what flirting should be...

Good luck! Take time with this before doing anything hasty, Id say, and just try to enjoy his company and see what comes of it.

yes, he's a good friend. and he knows about my story with sara. he also knows i know i like guys now. and via facebook he has told me that he would sleep with me but wouldn't want any more of it due to our "professional" relationship. which mainly deals with an internship we both have.

this convo happened a few weeks ago though.

and the thing is, flirting is hard with him, unless i'm high. boys are just different.

"Hey. So, this probably won’t come out as smoothly as I’m planning as I type this but I need to tell you. If I don’t I’ll regret it- and I hate having regrets. I like you. Plain and simple. I just do. And as I said, I just felt as if I needed to tell you."

This would be the message I'd send him online.

I feel like I'm in middle school.

i think if a girl told me that to my face id at least be extremely flattered.

Archived