aldridal

So, I've come to the conclusion that out of all the advice on these forums, CONFIDENCE is the best one I've come accross.

There are many different theories as to how to pick up a date, how to show somebody you like them, how to do this and that. There seem to be so many rules for when to call, how to get in contact, what you should say, and how you should act.

But the biggest thing, in my opinion, is CONFIDENCE.

If you are confident in yourself, you can feel OK with calling a girl 2 or 3 days after a first date without worrying about whether or not she'll think you're creepy or too clingy. If you call and sound confident in wanting to go out again soon, it's no worse than waiting a week and sounding unsure about things.

I decided tonight, no more games. I'm done trying to follow the rules with stuff like wait a week after calling the first time so that they don't think you're waiting. Isn't that a bit cliche`?

Am I alone here? Tomorrow, I start over with CONFIDENCE.

No, I don't think so. It depends. I mean if you're painfully shy it's a little frustrating and hard to get out there and meet people. I also think it varies. My personlaity is naturally very outgoing so I am attracted to those who "challenge" me. But I have girlfriends that hate those types of guys. It's preference. I don't see a shy person as lack of confidence at all, just shy

No, I don't think so. It depends. I mean if you're painfully shy it's a little frustrating and hard to get out there and meet people. I also think it varies. My personlaity is naturally very outgoing so I am attracted to those who "challenge" me. But I have girlfriends that hate those types of guys. It's preference. I don't see a shy person as lack of confidence at all, just shy

phew! because I'm kinda shy until I get to warm up to the person I'm talking to..especially when it comes to beautiful women

Sometimes I don't think it's so much that a person is shy, but the fact that he/she just doesn't feel as comfortable being the one to make the first move. Most guys/gals aredefinitely like that. We don't know what to say, what to do & we'd rather the other person start it off so that we can go from there.

I think obviously shyness is a bit of a hurdle that has to be overcome. I would classify myself as a natural "shy guy", but don't let myself show it. I force myself to be outgoing and talkative. While it creates some awkward situations sometimes, people tend to respond to me much better now than they did when it it took me a while to warm up to them.

My biggest thing right now is, I just don't want to get involved in these games. I know obviously at times they work for some people, but I've read responses on here that call people "obsessive" or "clingy" because they called a girl or guy 2 or 3 days after the first date. Do girls really find that obsessive and clingy? Or is that something us guys just like to convince ourselves because we are too chicken to lay our necks on the line?

Personally, I'm a guy who enjoys hanging out with people that I like, and if a girl finds me creepy because I enjoy spending time with her and want to see her a week after a first date, then she's not exactly somebody I want to be with.

5 Signs of A Strong Friendship – ...
5 Signs of A Strong Friendship – Spotting A True Friend

Archived