What is the hardest part of dating?

iwishiknew

To me it was always waiting for the guy to call. Thank goodness for Sarah Mchlachlan (sp), Carly Simon, Mary Chapin Carpenter, Natalie Merchant - music to wallow in while waiting - and wonderful friends who were there to distract me so I didn't heaven forbid call him, lol.

Anticipating the first date! You're always more worried and nervous about that first one, the rest come easier. After that, I agree with Batya, waiting for the guy to call, it's torture!

Really? As a guy who takes forever to get around calling, I had no idea. I always figured that the girls I was dating was off on other dates or exciting things and not waiting for me to call her. Hmmmmmm maybe I should call her now....naaaaaa, CSI is on soon.

Really? As a guy who takes forever to get around calling, I had no idea. I always figured that the girls I was dating was off on other dates or exciting things and not waiting for me to call her. Hmmmmmm maybe I should call her now....naaaaaa, CSI is on soon.

definitely, especially if she's interested in you. I really want to hear back from a guy so I'm reassured he liked me and enjoyed the date.

It was even more torture pre-answering machines and when my answering machine was Mom and I had to ask her to please keep her calls short so that He wouldn't get a busy signal if He called. And then of course pre-cell phones and e-mail when you knew that he might not want to leave a VM and there was no caller ID.

I once was so desperate at 13 years old waiting for a call that I had my sister call the guy and ask for me so that maybe it would jog his memory to call me. Didn't work.

The worst is when you're sitting next to them and you want to be cuddling them but you're too anxious to make a move.

Of course, they are too anxious to make the first move either.

So, there you sit. Two nervous people who want to touch each other but are afraid that the other doesn't want it.

The second worse is when you finally DO make a move and they are all "yuch, get out of here you pervert, is that all you think about, oh vomit"

(or something similiar)

It was even more torture pre-answering machines and when my answering machine was Mom and I had to ask her to please keep her calls short so that He wouldn't get a busy signal if He called. And then of course pre-cell phones and e-mail when you knew that he might not want to leave a VM and there was no caller ID.

I once was so desperate at 13 years old waiting for a call that I had my sister call the guy and ask for me so that maybe it would jog his memory to call me. Didn't work.

LOL that's what I mean by torture. I'm the same way when I'm waiting for that guy to call, I'll tell my friends to PLEASE not call me because I get excited thinking it's him and when I hear their voices instead I get really disappointed. I will even take my phone to the bathroom with me, just in case he calls then. I try not to be so anxious but it's hard to keep your mind off of it.

The worst is when you're sitting next to them and you want to be cuddling them but you're too anxious to make a move.

Of course, they are too anxious to make the first move either.

So, there you sit. Two nervous people who want to touch each other but are afraid that the other doesn't want it.

I agree. That is the worst thing. Ever.

Anticipating the first date! You're always more worried and nervous about that first one, the rest come easier. After that, I agree with Batya, waiting for the guy to call, it's torture!

I agree with Clem. I always think that girls totally forget about me and go off on 5 more dates and maybe even put out or make out with a guy before seeing me again, all while I'm up to whatever hobby is occupying me, now and then thinking about her and smiling...so I don't bother to call.

I agree. That is the worst thing. Ever.

I agree with Clem. I always think that girls totally forget about me and go off on 5 more dates and maybe even put out or make out with a guy before seeing me again, all while I'm up to whatever hobby is occupying me, now and then thinking about her and smiling...so I don't bother to call.

OMG. Where do guys get this idea that girls are out on dates all the time?! When my bf asked for my phone number way back then, he was the only guy in my eyes. I waited 7 days. SEVEN DAYS. For him to call.

His reasoning is that he didn't want to appear desperate and figured that I would have other guys in the wing if he creeped me out by coming accross as clingy.

Truth be told, I was waiting by the phone the entire time. I had a little campfire and everything.

OMG. Where do guys get this idea that girls are out on dates all the time. When my bf asked for my phone number way back then, he was the only guy in my eyes. I waited 7 days. SEVEN DAYS. For him to call.

His reasoning is that he didn't want to appear desperate and figured that I would have other guys in the wing if he creeped me out by coming accross as clingy.

Truth be told, I was waiting by the phone the entire time. I had a little campfire and everything.

Awww poor you...no I swear, they are out on other dates and having fun and having awesome sex without us. For sure.

I totally understand where your b/f is coming from...7 days....that was eager of him anyways.

Wow, that's horrible.

Unless a guy has his tongue down my throat on the first kiss. Or goes for the crotch right off the bat, I wouldn't be put off like that.

NO toungue, no crotch, women can be mean sometimes - that's all.

(I mean, rejection is not mean - that's just life - I'm talking about the metheod of delivery)

Well, not to me 'cause I'm so fly but it happens to other guys on this forum all the time

OK, OK, OK conscious - it has happened to me...once.

Happened to me once too, and I was pretty sure this girl was into me since the first time I met her she was humping my leg. Then a few parties later I put my arm around her and she flipped out. Blocked me from facebook, tells everyone I'm a creep and the works. Yeah, she's a bit screwy.

Happened to me once too, and I was pretty sure this girl was into me since the first time I met her she was humping my leg. Then a few parties later I put my arm around her and she flipped out. Blocked me from facebook, tells everyone I'm a creep and the works. Yeah, she's a bit screwy.

Where do you guys find these crazy women?!

They are messing with all the good boys minds and hurting us good women!

You guys seriously think that? Wow. At least with me, that's certainly never the case, besides I don't serial date, when I date it's one guy and one guy only.

You guys seriously think that? Wow. At least with me, that's certainly never the case, besides I don't serial date, when I date it's one guy and one guy only.

Well...what I said was MOSTLY an exaggeration, but there have been plenty of times where I have a great few dates/encounters with a girl, and a week later she suddenly has a boyfriend and is all over him (so I'm sure they've been hooking up).

Archived