We are not special

MrBurr

Going through a breakup makes you realize this the most, but your relationship with the person who you've loved so much and made you so special is very ordinary. I mean, love happens to everyone. No matter how good your relationship with that person is in the back of your mind you know that there are people with vastly superior relationships and your relationship will probably crumble at some point. It makes your love feel ordinary and not very special at all. I hate this feeling so much because my love for my recent ex was the most important thing ever to me and now I have to accept that the most important and special thing that happened to me is just another page from the book. It definitely makes things feel very insignificant.

if every time a relationship ended, at least 1 of the people became un-special, wed live in a pretty boring world.

you are special. you were special to them once, and you'll be special to more people in the future, so something's don't last forever, would you rather look back on that period of your life and wish you were lonely and unhappy? or you can look at it as a period of your life you experienced something great.

your on the ground at the moment, you just need to work your way back up to the clouds

MrBurr, I'm sorry to hear that you are hurting from your recent break up. A break up is so difficult because you enjoyed being in love and having one person who put you above everyone else and vice versa and now your relationship has changed. But every individual is special in his/her own way in a relationship or not. You should take advantage of this time alone to appreciate what is special about YOU.

Archived