Frumpy Frumperson

hers

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anything affordable is doable for me. I have access to pretty good malls. I don't really do name brand stuff like Gucci or anything, so nothing like that!

But there's a Macy's, Nordstrom's, and stuff on top of the little stores I already named!

ok dont look at the price, but I would love to see this coat on you.

I love the color, length and the belt in the middle would accentuate your hourglass figure.

link removed

i agree that is the perfect shape for you...and a thick belt in the right place would be perfect!!!

If you could find a dark pair of trouser jeans i think they would look good on you as well

Ok I went to Target today and just tried on clothes that I normally wouldn't try on (couldn't afford to buy anything today though).

Tried on a really dark wash pair of jeans with a dark green short-sleeved turtleneck. It looked REALLY cute! I was proud of it and bummed that I couldn't buy it. Then I found those shoes you pointed out to me, OWB--those brown slip-ons with the flowers on them. Also found a pair of dark brown moccassin slip-ons that woudl've looked even cuter with that outfit.

Wish I could've gotten it today...

Saw some cute jewelry that would've gone cute with some stuff I already have as well.

Wish I had money!! Won't be able to buy anything till probably next week...

As for the jeans and tailoring, I've done that before but then htey lose the little "cuff" at the end. Or maybe not even a cuff. Maybe the seam? I don't like when it loses that. I dont know why. But I have taken them to tailors before but just not often, b/c if I'm spending $50 on jeans, I dont want to spend anymore to get them taken in!

My sister takes her jeans in all the time to get hemmed up. But the guy keeps the bottom 'cuff', and puts it back on. You can't tell they've been hemmed. You just need to find a good tailor.

Sorry........its all I can add to this thread. I did read with great interest though!

My sister takes her jeans in all the time to get hemmed up. But the guy keeps the bottom 'cuff', and puts it back on. You can't tell they've been hemmed. You just need to find a good tailor.

Sorry........its all I can add to this thread. I did read with great interest though!

That's actually very helpful! I never thought about that! Thanks!

Archived