Swing or Soothing Glider?

katietrapp1

I have tried everything to get my baby to sleep on her back in her crib or her bassinet and she just refuses to do it, and i cant keep holding her to sleep because im scared im going to drop her so i have been putting her in her swing to sleep its a aquarium cradle swing from fisher price..but im not sure if its safe to put her to sleep in i have an appt with her doctor tuesday for shots and all and i plan on asking but in the mean time which is safer that or the fisher price soothing glider?? She has reflux so they told me to evalte the head of her crib or bassinett which i did and she also is colicky..SO any suggestions are welcome..

From my quick online search it seemed like it was ok for babies to sleep in the swing, but that it did not make for very deep sleep.

Have you tried swaddling? It seemed like other mothers have gotten good results from that.

I would definitely ask the pediatrician when you see him. When you say you've tried everything and she still won't sleep on her back, do you mean she cries? It might be worth letting her cry a few times to see if she gets used to it. (I'm sure you've done this already and have tried more things that I can even imagine, but I thought I would mention it just in case.)

I have tried letting her cry it out, i have tried swaddling her, i have tried letting her fall into a deep sleep and laying her in it, i have tried putting my shirt in the crib to leave my scent next to her, just will not sleep on her back in or side in the bassinett or crib.. the monitor will do me no good cause i can not get her to sleep in there, I had to finally lay her in her swing the other night because im scared of dropping her and i cant stay up 24-7 to hold her while she is sleeping

I have tried everything to get my baby to sleep on her back in her crib or her bassinet and she just refuses to do it, and i cant keep holding her to sleep because im scared im going to drop her so i have been putting her in her swing to sleep its a aquarium cradle swing from fisher price..but im not sure if its safe to put her to sleep in i have an appt with her doctor tuesday for shots and all and i plan on asking but in the mean time which is safer that or the fisher price soothing glider?? She has reflux so they told me to evalte the head of her crib or bassinett which i did and she also is colicky..SO any suggestions are welcome..

Doctors have gone from it is best for a baby to sleep on their stomach, their side, and now their back. Personally I never did understand the back thing, it seems to me if a baby spits up and is on their back it worse than on the side since with the side gravity pulls it down the baby's cheek away from the throat. I dont know how old she is but If she is very young and you put her in the swing, swaddle her and make sure she is leaning backwards so her head doesnt fall forward . My daughter was colicky, she cried for like 11 months. Not sure if she was first colicky and then spoiled or if she was sick the whole time. I DO NOT ENVY YOU!!!

Archived