I was unjustly banned and this website on the true nature of suicide should be stickied...

Stardusk
How to Forgive Someone Who Hurt You...
How to Forgive Someone Who Hurt You OR Yourself!!

I've read this before. It's usually got a high pagerank when you google suicide. The first if you search "I want to die".

Seriously though, it's a good read when you reach the point where it becomes an option.

Even so, not sure I applaud the OP's methods.

Suicide was never taught to me to be shameful...I don't know where you went to school...In my health class it wasn't obviously encouraged, but it was never frowned upon. We were simply taught under this saying that everyone has probably heard:

"Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem."

while i think the paragraphs you posted were excellent, i also want to mention that i think the stigma exists for a reason. we have a societal value that life is worth living so we place a shame stigma on suicide as a deterrance upon thinking about ending life. it is not effective for depressed persons, though i would say it is effective in pushing healthy people (ppl who have strong coping skills)to turn away from the idea.

I understand about the pain, I truly do. But suicide causes incredible pain for those left behind. Think about this and reach out to anybody before we lose another beautiful soul to suicide! And you are all beautiful souls!

No one to care about my loss if I offed myself and I guarantee that.

No one to care about my loss if I offed myself and I guarantee that.

not so. when someone like you, who has fought so long, gives up and takes his own life, someone like me, who wants to fight and draws his strength from others who are fighting like him, cries the loss of a fellow combattant and takes a step closer to the edge.

not so. when someone like you, who has fought so long, gives up and takes his own life, someone like me, who wants to fight and draws his strength from others who are fighting like him, cries the loss of a fellow combattant and takes a step closer to the edge.

What a perfect way to work what so many of us so often think...

I truly believe that we all have some purpose, whether we ever get to see the impact we have on another remains to be seen... perhaps we will effect someone in a forum, on the street, through words of wisdom that spill from the lips from one friend to another, we may never know of that impact, that impression, but it is certain to be there... All of us will have some impact on someone in our lifetime, and that should not be forgotten!!

Archived