Has a posession ever ended your relationship?

loveNgirl

So my boyfriend probably needs to go to rehab for his addiction and obsession with his car and I feel like ultimately, this car will be the downfall of our relationship.

sad isnt it?

I tell my boyfriend all the time I feel like he cares for his car more than me and cherishs his car more than our relationship. He disagrees.

However...

My boyfriend is always on his car forum posting up about car meets and get togethers with all his car buddies. I have NO problem with my boyfriend hanging out with friends and enjoying a hobby, but there comes a point where enough is enough. He is always planning meets, get togethers, or hanging out and I feel like there is no me time. IF there EVER is me time, it is by my planning and I have to plan my schedule around his work and car time.

It has even been brought to the point where he spent $20,000 to upgrade items on his car, went broke, and I suffered. For a while we couldnt go do things couples do like go out to dinner, go on vacation, go see movies, etc. If we did, I had to pay.

I even feel like my relationship isnt normal. For example, he went to the track today/tonight with his friends to race his car. I havent heard a word from him and its now 9:18pm. I just dont understand what boyfriend thinks its ok to go a day without acknowledging his girlfriend, the one his "loves", and inquiring about her day and life. He doesnt surprise me with anything nice because that takes away from money going into his car. For christmas or birthdays I ask him what he would like... "car stuff". After 3 christmas and 3 birthdays, "car stuff" has gotten OLD!!!

Any chance he gets he is driving 40 minutes to the shop that works on his car to "hang out".

Maybe im just crazy but it gets annoying after a while. Even if we arent hanging out and have no plans to hang out, it drives me insane to call him and ask him what hes doing and his response is "driving to the car shop".

The thing is, I feel like this car enables him to lead a "normal" life... atleast what I consider normal. I feel like its normal to be ambitious and have multiple goals and dreams in life. He has NONE. He doesnt have goals or dreams. I mention us traveling together. He doesnt want to. I mention us trying new things. He doesnt want to. He only wants to do CAR stuff.

Infact, since we have been together he has gained a ENORMOUS amount of weight and about 3 months ago told me he was going to start going to the gym because he wants to look good for me. (Looking good for me isnt the issue. Its him taking care of himself and his body). He claimed he joined a gym 3 months ago but has since only gone MAYBE 3 times and lied to me about every other time. He reason for not going is because he has a car event or went to hang out at the shop instead.

](*,)

To answer the question.... yes, and it was my cars (and I'm female).

Has your BF considered a career with cars? Maybe that would help. I've found working at a job with something you love can sometimes lessen the desire to spend time with it. (ironic, but when a passion becomes a job, it doesn't always work out the way you planned)

I think it's not about the cars, I think your boyfriend just isn't committed to you. I'm a die hard car guy, I eat, breathe, sleep, and have a career involving cars and am always posting on car forums and what not too.. but I don't go broke buying car parts or spend all of my free time hanging out at shops.

He's just irresponsible and not committed to you. It's not about being a car guy, you could substitute his cars with anything, and he would still not be committed to you. I skimmed over a few of your past topics, and they all seem to be about the same thing with your boyfriend..

I dare ask, what kind of car does he have?

I think it's not about the cars, I think your boyfriend just isn't committed to you. I'm a die hard car guy, I eat, breathe, sleep, and have a career involving cars and am always posting on car forums and what not too.. but I don't go broke buying car parts or spend all of my free time hanging out at shops.

He's just irresponsible and not committed to you. It's not about being a car guy, you could substitute his cars with anything, and he would still not be committed to you. I skimmed over a few of your past topics, and they all seem to be about the same thing with your boyfriend..

a 01 cobra mustang. and the upgrades was putting twin 57 turbos in the car.

BINGO!!!!!!!!! The winning answer.

Truth About Cell Phones In A Relati...
Truth About Cell Phones In A Relationship

Archived