The doctors WONT help me or take me seriously! Super frusterated.

I'm just wondering if a yeast infection can cause severe sharp pains in the vagina, especially while going pee? (However I get these pains for no apparent reason at other times).

I went to the doctor today and she said that I probably am just getting these pains because I'm about to get my period?

I told her I really wanted to be checked out... so she put a clamp in my vagina to check it out and as soon as she took a look she said "Ohhhh, something definitely wrong here, we are going to test you for a few things".

Now I'm scared, and I can honestly say that i have NO trust in my doctor. She always just tries to brush me off. I wouldn't even be surprised if i don't get a call back from her at all with the results.

For the record I have been sick for about three years. The first doctor i went to see thought I had a bladder infection but the medication didn't work.

Every other doctor I have gone to see has told me that its probably just the "season" or "time of month" or "something I'm eating".

Well if it was a yeast infection, they would probably be able to tell right away. But in my experience, I don't recall burning while urinating as a symptom from a yeast infection.

Well atleast she is testing for something. Make sure you give a follow up call and make an appointement to go over the results.

As far as I know, Yeast infection doesn't cause burning pain when you urinate. Docs can usually tell right away from discharge color/odor.

I myself have been going through bladder/uterus problems right now. If she doesn't take you seriously and not trustworthy, please look for another doctor who will immediately! I went to 4 different physicians to finally find a "doctor" who understands what I'm going through.

Wow, what a thing to say! No wonder you feel uneasy, that wasn't very reassuring or professional really.

I'd go on the hunt for a good GP that you can feel comfortable with and who you can have for years to come.

It makes all the difference in the world, when you feel confident in your doc and listened to and they know your history. Something hard to come by at this time though for sure; you will probably have to put some heavy legwork into it and see many doctors before finding one who has enough time and the qualities you are looking for.

I agree with making sure to call in for your results, especially if that place has a history of not getting back to you reliably. Ugh.

I believe very strongly in being proactive about your own health. So if this isn't working for you, dig in until you find the resources and people you need.

Seems you have a history here and could use finding a good gyno - get at the root of these pains, sickness, infections.

And I'd start to track, if you don't yet, all that is happening with you on a calendar or something. When your period comes, how it is, pains and symptoms, as much information as you can to present to your doctor. Write up a list too of any medications you've taken, or taking, what bc you are on if you are and for how long, all that stuff.

Don't rely on them to do it all for you - you'll get results a lot faster this way if you can lay it all out for them in the time you get in the office.

Get rid of your Dr and find another one!!

One who will take you and your complaints seriously.

I have had recurring UTIs and Kidney Infections for 3 years now. I have been given so much anti biotics they dont work anymore.

I have found a product called D-Mannose Manno Max to be helpful with UTIs. You could try this and see how you go.

Yeast infections are more itchy than anything else, they can also cause stinging and burning.

1. get yourself another doctor.

2. most doctors can spot a yeast infection right away.

3. in my experience with yeast infections (I feel for you girl), they didn't exactly hurt. Extreme itching was the most dominant.

yes i agree.

and see if you may have chronic cystitis, which is a pretty constant bladder infection. you may have be to be careful of the foods you eat.

HIV symptoms in women ?
HIV symptoms in women ?

Archived