Friends opening relationship

rosephase

I’m in an open relationship, and a bunch of my friends are to, also I have a bunch of friends who are not. My relationships have there ups and downs but all and all we do really well. So a few of my monogamous friends have looked into opening up there relationships.

The couple that is talking to me now about opening up kind of scares me. They are not in a stable relationship right now and being in a poly relationship is really a lot of work. I don’t want to discourage them if this is what they really want; I’m just frightened they are doing this because of the wrong reasons.

I told them I wasn’t comfortable dating ether of them and they got snippy with me about it. And now they seem to think I’m being an elitist about it. Which… I don’t know, maybe I am. I want them to feel safe and do what they want, but I’m worried about them getting involved with me or my other partners (or any other partners) until they have there own * * * * together. But when I say something close to that they get mad at me.

I don’t know how to support them, and I feel like I’m being dragged into there relationship.

Ugh, any thoughts about ways to talk to them about it?

Archived