This girl tells me she heard a lot of online horror stories and just rather email for now?

ConfusedDater

HUH??? Did she think I was going to continue to send emails back and forth instead of talking on the phone when there are so many other girls out here? What man is going to say-"ok we can just email each other"

Somebody needs to tell her she is not the only female online. Women like this need to STAY OFFLINE

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are some women who get pleasure on saying NO to guys...Don't feel bad.

I don't believe that if that was the case she would've even talk you in the first place.

You can have this mentality when you have issues like this.....

"girls run like buses you might miss one caught another one on the hour every hour"

You said it too many girls (i perfer women) but maybe you should try meeting people in person I heard alot of online horror stories and female friends of mine have told me their experinces. I don't blame any female that would say that because its 60% true...lol

No big deal - my response would be "thank you for letting me know - I am sorry about your experiences. I don't have time for email buddies or for emailing back and forth - and I don't find it relevant to determining whether we should meet in person. If you change your mind and want to speak by phone let me know otherwise it was nice chatting and good luck to you.

I don't blame her. Nothing wrong with exchanging a few emails in an attempt to get to know someone.

I thought it was going well with the other girl CD.

And you don't make the rules as to who stays online or offline. She was not in the wrong here. You can choose to accept her offer to chat online first, or decline it. That's it.

No big deal - my response would be "thank you for letting me know - I am sorry about your experiences. I don't have time for email buddies or for emailing back and forth - and I don't find it relevant to determining whether we should meet in person. If you change your mind and want to speak by phone let me know otherwise it was nice chatting and good luck to you.

Ding! Ding! Ding!

This is the correct answer.

She wants email buddies. You do not. Agree to disagree on goals, move on and don't waste your time. No need to take it personally.

I also wouldn't waste any more time trying to puzzle out "why" she's got that attitude or "why" she's even farting around attempting to meet people online if she's chosen to buy into all the fear about meeting people online. It's her issue, which means hers to deal with. Don't make it yours by attempting to make sense of it or understand it. It just is.

I don't blame her. Nothing wrong with exchanging a few emails in an attempt to get to know someone.

I thought it was going well with the other girl CD.

And you don't make the rules as to who stays online or offline. She was not in the wrong here. You can choose to accept her offer to chat online first, or decline it. That's it.

Oh it is, I was just trying to increase my options of going out with 2 attractive girls instead of 1. I also explained to her that she doesn't have to give me her number right now, she can just call me and have her number show as private until she gets to know me better

Nothing wrong with wanting to get to know you better via email first. A girl can't be too careful these days. Anyone can be anyone they want from behind the security of a computer.

well the way to find out who I am behind the computer screen is to...........................................talk to me on that thing called the phone

i know for myself I am not a big fan of the phone...so i used to talk via email til i felt more comfortable to either meet or talk on the phone.

I don't think you need to make fun of someone for doing the dating thing differently than you.

If it's going well with 1 girl why not just focus on making that work?

I do not think it has been proven that this girl wants an "email buddy". She has simply stated that she wants to feel a bit safer and would llike to talk online a little bit first. This is totally acceptable to many. If not for you then decline her offer. But to suggest she is only looking for an email buddy is totally premature at this point. When i did online dating i did the same as she did. I liked to chat a bit online first to build a comfort level. I understand some of you disagree with this, and that is fine, but that does not mean I was looking for an email buddy either.

It is a matter of STYLE and APPROACH. IF you don't like this style CD, decline. If you don't mind and think she is pretty and a nice gal and worth a week or two of chatting online then go for it. When i did this i had enough men accept my offer than not so if you decline her she won't wither up and die.

But i think some false assumptions have been made on this thread regarding her intent. We do not have enough info to assume she wants online buddies.

Given the difficulties you have with dating CD my advice is concentrate on the one that is working out and don't blow it by spreading yourself too thin.

Ding! Ding! Ding!

This is the correct answer.

She wants email buddies. You do not. Agree to disagree on goals, move on and don't waste your time. No need to take it personally.

I also wouldn't waste any more time trying to puzzle out "why" she's got that attitude or "why" she's even farting around attempting to meet people online if she's chosen to buy into all the fear about meeting people online. It's her issue, which means hers to deal with. Don't make it yours by attempting to make sense of it or understand it. It just is.

i do not think fears of meeting people online are all unfounded. I think cautious people are smart people.

Within reason, and her request is surely within reason.

I think your assumptions about her intent are most likely entirely false.

JMHO

Oh it is, I was just trying to increase my options of going out with 2 attractive girls instead of 1. I also explained to her that she doesn't have to give me her number right now, she can just call me and have her number show as private until she gets to know me better

For me this would be a reason to just talk to someone through email. To see how serious they are or if they are just interested in getting as many woman on the line to pick an choose which one they want.

HUH??? Did she think I was going to continue to send emails back and forth instead of talking on the phone when there are so many other girls out here? What man is going to say-"ok we can just email each other"

Hate to say it dude but ever think that 'she' just posted up some photos of a woman and enjoys being flirted with by men and can't talk on the phone with you because....umm...'she' is a he and likes flirting with young avaliable men and if you talked to her, the voice you'd hear on the end would be male.

Just a thought...

If she was so freaked about about 'online horror stories' she could call you using a calling card or *82 you so that her number shows up as restricted...or there is always skype which requires only an email address...

Archived