8 months later....

After a four year relationship ended in February, I was devastated. I lost my best friend and lover all in one swoop. Eight months of torture and pain!!!! I probably posted on here a million times! This past week something weird has been happening and today it's like a light switch went off. I don't feel anything. Nothing. I even went and looked at pictures of him with his new girl of the second, old pictures of us, letters, anything to make me shed a little tiny tear or hurt a little.... and nothing. This is kind of creeping me out..... Im not mad, angry, happy, just..... blank. Any thoughts??

Congratulations! You have healed yourself and if you want to start to date you could do so without bringing any of your past relationship with you into a new one. It's a relief when you finally get over someone; been there, done that.

I would suggest if you do decide to begin dating that you date casually and don't rush a thing. Make things very clear up front of what your comfort level is. If the man you decide to spend time with is a gentleman he will respect that and honor your wishes.

It feels really good doesnt it?!?! Troop.

Thanks for the quick responses! But up until a week ago I was stillllll talking to him , and still felt some lingering pain and bittersweetness. DOes it really happen like that? One day you just wake up and say No more pain thanks and god delivers? This is so weird! It started about two days ago and I kept waiting for the "shoe to drop" and Im still feeling NOTHING! Like an ice queen.... I like it!!

Syntax... get out of foggy London and come play in the grass =)

In my personal experience that is how it has happened to me. It seemed as if within a week I realized I was over her and felt liberated. I still had occasions where I would miss her but I knew that the relationship would have never worked and that we were both going to move onto better things.

I pray that I am like you and, four more months from now, I will feel no more pain, longing, sadness and hopelessness. I already know that the person I was with is mentally ill and there was never any hope of a stable, committed, honest, long-term relationship. But still I cry and mope and feel another will never come along who will make me feel the way she did. I would be happy to just feel content and happy being single... I have my moments but I'd like them to last much longer. You've given me hope!

i can relate to you doing this. Something similar happened to me as well.......liked a walked through a different door and things felt different. Only word of advice is dont suddenly think you are totally over them because bizarrely it can come from behind and bite you again.

Life is strange.

I think there comes a time where you just get sick of all those negative feelings you have. You realize the breakup was probably the best thing in hindsight. You know that line, "I sick and tired of being sick and tired!"

It isn't realistic to think you can ever just foget about it. I think about a lot of people who've had a signifigant impact on my life. Good and bad, those experiences make us who we are.

I'm glad you're feeling better and I wish you luck...

Archived