Promiscuity

rosephase

There are a lot of bad words associated with the thought. I’ve been called one before. I have thought it about other women. And for the past several years I have tried to move to a better place in thinking about people who are more or less sexually promiscuous then me. There is so much judgment in this world about sex, and this is a far more conservative community then the one I live so I was wondering… more of a poll what you guys think of sexual promiscuity, in yourself? In others? Is there a “good” and “bad”?

What do you think?

i think as long as you are comfortable with what you are doing and how you are living your life and you are doing so safely it's not for anyone else to judge...no one else knows the reasons or intentions or background of anyone else so there is no room to judge unless you know and have experienced EXACTLY what the person you are judging has gone through.

Lol. When I use the word about someone else, it's mostly either a joke or something lighthearted. It's one of those things where when I see a male/female getting sex really easy, when it's not as easy for me, I drop the word to feel better. I don't call it them to their face, but I definitely do think it sometimes. It's not a morality thing for me. I'd rather switch places and have other people call me dirty names than be the person doing the judging.

There is always good and bad... to much of anything can turn into a negative.

Sexuality should not be formed based on guilt, shame or fear. I believe each individual should establish their own unique sexual identity. They should however, always be aware of risk (in any behavior), and understand that. Just like skydiving, riding a motorcycle, white water rafting... these are activities that give a great rush of adrenaline and feeling of satisfaction. If your sexual activity has the same affect, good for you. But keep in mind that just like those activities there is risk out there.

I personally believe each person should define this for themselves. There is no negative associated by me. Instead I could see it almost as liberating...

I think its an attitude. There are some women who sleep around who don't announce it like yesterdays news. Then there are some who sleep around just to say 'ohhh i slept with this guy last night and he was so hot, hotter than the guy the night before and way hotter than the guy the day before that' Really? Who are you trying to impress?

I always thought of it like this: If a girl or guy is a * * * * / manwhore (simple definition is one who has one-nighters, and has casual relationships on a somewhat regular basis) then I will think of them as such. But I don't think it is 'bad' unless they're doing it for the wrong reasons. If my friend sleeps around I'll think she's a * * * * but I won't think it's bad unless she's sleeping around and then feels guilty in the morning. I had a friend who did this and everytime she felt like such a * * * * - what a coincendence! Now if she just sleeping around becasue she doesn't want a relationship, and doesn't complain about it, and is safe well then power to the * * * * ! I wouldn't think it's bad at all. So if you're a * * * * you're a * * * * (in my eyes) but it's only 'bad' when it's all the wrong reasons.

There are a lot of bad words associated with the thought. I’ve been called one before. I have thought it about other women. And for the past several years I have tried to move to a better place in thinking about people who are more or less sexually promiscuous then me. There is so much judgment in this world about sex, and this is a far more conservative community then the one I live so I was wondering… more of a poll what you guys think of sexual promiscuity, in yourself? In others? Is there a “good” and “bad”?

What do you think?

I dont see anything wrong with it if others want to do it. I do however tend to unwantingly judge them and think "woah... $l**ty.." But I don't go around bad mouthing them, it's up to them to make their choices.

What scares me most is when I think "gosh.. what if they have std's?"

I feel my concern about this matter is perfectly normal seeing as myself apparently caught one (and I have never been someone to sleep around.) So yea.. For me I guess I get a bit worried for the person who is promiscious and that they could be passing along things (specially uncurable ones) while having "fun".

If they're having fun, good for them though. Nothing wrong with their decisions.

Also, sometimes I wonder how they are perfectly ok with the amount of things the guys they sleep with say behind their backs. To me sex is kind of private/personal. I hate it when a guy feels the need to speak of what happened in the bedroom behind my back/when we aren't together anymore..

To be perfectly honest, yes, I do have a personal judgment of what I would consider promiscuous, and I have certainly thought certain things of certain people because of things I have heard about them, or from them. I would never ever say my judgment out loud, but if I'm being honest then yes, I do judge.

What really bothers me is the tell-all mentality nowadays, where people have sex or close to it in public, and repeat the details of their sexual escapades. I think it's fine for people to do whatever they want behind closed doors, but why tell?

What do you think?

If you are ok with you life and what you are doing... if it fits your morals and your beliefs F everyone else. its your life not theres. no one should judge you on what your comfortbale with. now if it endagered someone elses life then ok you dont have the right to mess with someones life. but in your case its none of there business. besides most people are closed minded and preach what they think is right. its always do as i say, not as i do... do what makes you happy thats what i say.

Archived