Where do you find the strength?

DayInDayOut
Resilience Quotes: Inspiration To B...
Resilience Quotes: Inspiration To Bounce Back

for me it's just survival instinct, nothing more or less than that. work is the hardest. i found it so hard to concentrate at work and i often felt like i was suffocating just being there. i was just getting through the day one hour a time. i would often just go and sit outside for a few mintes to get some air.......it's hard that's for sure

I think of somebody or something I love.

Like when I'm at school or at work and there's 5 more hours to go, I think of my boyfriend and I imagine us together and I think of how once I get out of school I can be with him so I just gotta get through this. OR I think about shopping, I think about that cute new jacket I can buy once I get out of work. Gets me through the day by thinking of the positive.

i've wallowed more than i should have in these past two weeks. the first week, i didn't really eat or sleep. i made myself miserable and cried until there were no tears. this second week, i've still been struggling, but i stopped crying all the time. i realized how good grilled cheese can be when i really feel overwhelmed by grief. i've made plans with friends and spent a lot of time thinking and talking to anyone, everyone. i started to put his pictures and our memories away. i deleted all his pics on my facebook account. i decided to carve a pumpkin. i think the key is just to keep moving. do something, anything to keep going on. if you can't keep up with your normal routine, that's okay... but you still have to do something so you don't go crazy. when it feels right, you will go back to it. i had to start eating again, right? grilled cheese brought me back. i had to start feeling again... friends brought me back. it isn't easy to keep going. if you are like me, sometimes you will feel like you dodged a huge bullet, while other times, you will feel like you got shot. i think that is the nature of the beast. just take it in steps. watch old movies. eat food you loved when you were six years old. cry until you don't have any more tears. keep getting up in the morning and keep moving. and then, the hardest part is to just keep doing it over and over again until it doesn't feel like so much work any more.

Even though at times I feel let down by the Lord ALMIGHTY, I pray often to him everyday. It is my safe haven and I let out all my feelings. Not to sound like a religious nut, but I find comfort in doing this.

I just hope he listens because I deserve a break... had a rough two years and still going through it. Not to mention I had neck surgery in May, of this year and still having complications from said surgery. So praying seems to help some!

When everything went south with my ex, or should I say started to go bad, I talked to people too much about my problems with her and I feel God will never stop listening. Christ, I need his help through my hurting heart and neck.

May not work for you, but I tried letting you in on the comfort.

I have found myself in the same situation on many occasions. Be it mentally exhausted, physically exhausted, or a combination, I force myself to focus on the task at hand and complete it. Sometimes depending on how I am feeling, forcing myself may be putting one foot in front of the other or it may be pushing myself knowing I am going to reward myself by taking a long cold shower and crawling into a bunk to sleep.

I set some form of a goal and reward for myself. It can be as simple as a shower and sleep or going into the mess hall for a bowl of ice cream. I can't tell you how many mountains I have climbed for a bowl of ice cream instead of the powdered vanilla treat that are packed into MRE's.

Decide what you need to do. Decide how you want to reward yourself, then push yourself to achieve it.

How do you find the strength to carry on with your day (job / homework / exercise / etc.) when you feel like complete crap? What gives you the motivation to push forward when you feel like crawling into a hole to die?

What keeps me going is the hope of a better day tomorrow.

I find a walk often helps, with the appreciation for nature. I love nature.

I remember the first time I went out for a walk - after having to wade through my breakup blues for days - It felt so surreal! As if I was freed from my own emotional imprisonment. It felt sooooo liberating... I WAS SO HAPPY!! I even cried tears of joy! And to think that I didn't even cry when things were over between us.

It was then that I knew I could survive without her... I knew I was strong!

That was my inspiration... She is gone, but at the very least I still had the birds singing. The trees whispering and the wind caressing my dark long locks! I was alive!

I would never give up that sensation I had then, the euphoria! It was a beautiful realization that all was NOT lost. An epiphany I will treasure.

I was very weak and hurting to start off... and you can tell from my earlier posts... so I hope you'll find your own inspiration to draw strength from. Ultimately though, it comes from within... we all have this courage within us that's waiting to be awakened. Nature has it's way of dealing us such blows and we always manage to mend if we accept them.

Archived