Men and Woman......

summerpeach

TikTok Advice For Relationships Suc...
TikTok Advice For Relationships Sucks

There is no magical way to understand men or women, because that would assume that all men and women behave the same. Everyone is different. If a woman approached me thinking she could flash her boobs, pinch my ass, and keep the convos light because "men are simple" to get me interested, she would not be going home with me (or vice versa).

I "get" some men.

I don't "get" some women.

That is based on attitudes, though, and not whether or not you have a penis or a vagina.

And Batya is not a teenager.

age brings confusion? I'd expect the opposite.

Age brings awareness not confusion. When I was 19, I thought I knew everything and understood it all

But I don't want to make this an age thing, I just want peeps opinions on men and woman

I appreciate all our replies

I have to say this though, I think all your ladies are wayyyy younger than me. I think the age gap would provide much different answers to this question.

Trust me ladies, when you get to be 40, you won't get men at all ;-)

I am also 42 and once I became friends with men - I think i was in high school- and started working with men- also in high school - I was reluctant to generalize about "men" as your post seems to unless I was joking around or having a bad/off day in the dating world.

I think you just have a tendency to characterize things, as you've done it with age and gender here.

I'm 19, and I think one of the true marks of intelligence is realizing how much you don't know.

I still believe that this is not a gender issue, but just an emotional reaction to maybe some unlucky experiences.

I am also 42 and once I became friends with men - I think i was in high school- and started working with men- also in high school - I was reluctant to generalize about "men" as your post seems to unless I was joking around or having a bad/off day in the dating world.

sorry, I thought u once posted you were in your early 20's

Not generalizing at all. There are books written on this subject. Men are from Mars, Woman from Venus

Not generalizing at all. There are books written on this subject. Men are from Mars, Woman from Venus

I hate that book.

It says "men are this way. Women are this way. This is how women are to change for the men." Bleh.

To say you don't "get men' is to say that men are very much all alike. The comparison of all my ex bfs would be evidence against that.

Never did so. I think those books generalize and I find it much more rewarding and interesting in my life to treat people as individuals - and with that mindset I've found that any gender differences are insignificant and unproductive to rely on - and the difference I find add to how rewarding it is to be friends with and romantically involved with, men.

The most common relationship between men and women is romance and I asune this is what your contention is based upon. I'll chime in with the fact that both sexes don't truly understand their self identity and thereforee float through life with out understanding themselves; yet alone the oposite sex. To really understand the role the other sex plays in our individule lives we need to consolidate a confident self identity. This paradigm leads to an acute awareness of what we want from the oposite sex and in turn we discern what type of partner will compliment the love we give.

I myself am very confident in who and what I represent; thereforee, I've taken the time to read a lot of psychology and emotional intelligence books about the multitudes of personalities and understand what makes most persons click. Understanding this issue is empowering since it puts you in a position to feed peoples wants in order to get what one wants from the situation. This is what salespeople are trained to do to close the deal.

So, in my opinion, the best way to come to understand the oposite sex us to deeply educate yourself in how we tick. It takes a great deal if time to read, discuss and absorb this knowledge but it's well worth it in the end in order to prevent heart aches or disappointment. That's my few cents on this matter.

I TOTALLY AGREE> And i have done just that. My interest in psychology and the human mind, and the difference in sexes has led me to have many conversations with men in my lifetime and I also have done a lot of research and studying. I love knowing more about what makes people tick, men and women. I feel I am also confident in myself and who i represent and enjoy the same activities in researching psychology and various other matters of the human psyche.

SP - You are ever so much welcome.

Just to comment on the age factor, I've noticed that maturity comes to most of us around our late 20's to mid 30's. In my observation maturity is the point in which we truly accept our self identity and begin to follow the life that makes us happy. To have a healthy mature relationship means we need to look out for like minded mature folks which helps in avoiding the "game" player type. Look for guys that have their positively healthy indentity together and have fun.

I myself am very confident in who and what I represent; thereforee, I've taken the time to read a lot of psychology and emotional intelligence books about the multitudes of personalities and understand what makes most persons click. Understanding this issue is empowering since it puts you in a position to feed peoples wants in order to get what one wants from the situation. This is what salespeople are trained to do to close the deal.

So your concept is to get general (i.e. non player) sources of information to understand this stuff.

Who and what exactly do you represent?

What exactly would you say that women want? Do you see success at sales to be porportional with success at understanding women?

So, in my opinion, the best way to come to understand the oposite sex us to deeply educate yourself in how we tick. It takes a great deal if time to read, discuss and absorb this knowledge but it's well worth it in the end in order to prevent heart aches or disappointment. That's my few cents on this matter.

So, what did you do or what did you read to get to where you are today? Where were you before?

Archived