the rebound NC decision?

brent642

my ex is currently "dating" her rebound...they aren't technically "going out" as she says but are casually dating...they've kissed, hugged, ect...everything except sex that i know of...

...should i just stay pretty much NC until they break up/are done dating or whatever? ...idk how to deal with this situation...

my options were call her in a month to have lunch...or just wait until they break up(which they will soon)...???

ideas?

drop off from the face of the earth and never call her...Let her resolve rebound..otherwise, you will provide a security!

btw 1 mos is nothing..You should assume they will get married someday! and act on moving on. are you going to wait for couple of years if they are together???

Yea, there's no real way to tell how long a 'rebound relationship' will last. Could be a few weeks or they could end up together forever. On top of that, there's no guarantee that she'll come back to you when and if it does end. You just don't know.

If you feel you can handle it (and you desire some sort of contact), I would limit all your contact to birthdays and major holidays at most. Don't go out to lunch.

Wow, topics by you seem to be popping up by the dozen. She's not in a "rebound relationship", she's in a relationship, pure and simple, she's dating someone else. No offense but it's none of your business what she is doing, you're both not together anymore, there's no point in pining over something that isn't there or waiting for them to break up, they may not even break up, all that waiting around would be for nothing and you would be in no better position than you are now if that happens. Move on.

I am in the same situation. My ex had a rebound which is probably leading to her marriage (she may already has got married now 4 months after breakup). Although I still feel great pain as I still love her but she does not love me any more (she is the dumper), the best thing for me to do is move on...it takes lots of guts to continue NC, but it is probably the right thing to do.

my ex is in a rebound

and I haven't talked to her since I found out she was with someone else

the best thing is stay away

because in the end,if you still try to be in her life

that rebound will end up being successful

rebounds 80% of the time don't work out

give her time to miss you........I'm telling you the whole time she is with him,she will be comparing you two

and in the end,that is a good thing

and I agree a month is not long enough

try 2 months

for some odd reason,I have notice rebound threads

but usually get their ex back during 2 months of nc,or their ex starts to miss them

but like I said I only notice that on this board,and I don't want to create false hope

Archived