NCing for non-SO relationships...

nontoxicglue

Dunno if this is the right spot for this post...

but, is there such a thing as NCing for friends?

You see, I really, really miss her (nostalgia, really), but she's busy off having a life...I guess the friendship isn't really mutual since I'm always the one doing the contacting...I dunno, I feel like I'm being too needy and it's driving me me insane...

I haven't seen her in half a year and that was going pretty well for me until I visited her this weekend. I mean, it was nice...but it was just kinda superficial crap and I ended up feeling miserable like I did half a year ago.

And maybe if I stopped contacting her all together, I'll be able to focus on what I need to do in college and move on...I guess I'm just trying to find a balance between my life now and my life "back where I grew up."

yea, i think NCing for friends work.

I went on "NC" with my bestfriend from highschool for almost 1 year now. I feel a lot better, she was a really crappy person to be around. She tried to contact me once, but I told her to that it was best we don't talk. Last I heard, she still talks about me all the time.

I think that friends aren't like S/O. You don't really owe them any explanations and they usually are capable of understanding your reasons (less emotions to cloud their judgments). Anyway, since then, I've been focusing on being a better person with actual self esteem and it's been great. You don't need people bringing you down. Life is rough enough! lol

yea, i think NCing for friends work.

I went on "NC" with my bestfriend from highschool for almost 1 year now. I feel a lot better, she was a really crappy person to be around. She tried to contact me once, but I told her to that it was best we don't talk. Last I heard, she still talks about me all the time.

I think that friends aren't like S/O. You don't really owe them any explanations and they usually are capable of understanding your reasons (less emotions to cloud their judgments). Anyway, since then, I've been focusing on being a better person with actual self esteem and it's been great. You don't need people bringing you down. Life is rough enough! lol

hm...I don't think she's a crappy friend. She's supportive of me and stuff, but she's always so busy that I end up feeling sort of hurt everytime...I just need time to find my own identity without running back to her all the time...

Do you think I should write a letter explaining my motivations? More for me than for her. That way it's harder for me to succumb to my old ways...

Do you think I should write a letter explaining my motivations? More for me than for her. That way it's harder for me to succumb to my old ways...

By all means write the letter. Just don't send it! If she's just busy and a healthy sort of person it will make it very awkward if you run into her again.

By all means write the letter. Just don't send it! If she's just busy and a healthy sort of person it will make it very awkward if you run into her again.

Well, in the letter, I'll just make it clear that I'm not cutting her off forever...it's just if I don't send it...then I won't stick to NC if something terrible happens and I need someone to talk to...

I'm so confused.

I wouldn't send a letter...that just sort of seals the end of the friendship. Maybe back off of her for now if you think you'd like to resume the friendship at some point in the future. If she's been a good friend and isn't toxic to you in any way, just try to understand that sometimes good friends need to go their separate ways and the friendship changes. If she hasn't been making any contact with you lately, you really don't owe her any explanation for why you won't be getting in touch with her for awhile.

Archived