Feeling incompatible with certain friends.. Nothing in common.

Myles

I love all of my friends and at this stage in my life, I'm growing and maturing & I guess I'm changing as a person. I'm a lot more calm,laid back since high graduation a couple of years ago, and I'm basically a homebody and I'm content with that. However some of my friends are still into the partying,acting wild and crazy & immaturity stage. I'm not saying that I'm better than them, just that I feel incompatible & a little uncomfortable around them now.

Some of them say I've gotten lame & make sly remarks about how of an old man I've gotten. I'm pretty sure they're not being mean or take it serious but I find myself annoyed with some of them now & I often avoid going out with some now. Yet I find it hard to find people who share the same interests as me which makes it frustrating..

I know exactly what you're going through because I feel like that's how I was after high school a little bit too. All of my friends were busy doing the college party scene and I was in my room.

The difference was, I WANTED to go out more, I was just really shy and having a hard time adjusting to college.

The thing is, if being at home is really what YOU want to do, then your friends should respect that. I know it's hard, but try not to let their comments get to you. They're probably just used to the old you. I really don't think they mean anything by it. As far as not spending any time with them anymore, that's your choice. I know how it is to feel like you're not connected with your friends anymore but try not to lose touch completely (unless you want to). I lost touch completely with some of my friends because we weren't on the same page in life anymore, and I really miss them, and wish I would have made more of an effort sometimes.

I say, if you're happy where you are and doing what you do, that's all that matters. Just keep on going, even with your friends' comments, and I think in time everything will resolve itself.

I love all of my friends and at this stage in my life, I'm growing and maturing & I guess I'm changing as a person. I'm a lot more calm,laid back since high graduation a couple of years ago, and I'm basically a homebody and I'm content with that. However some of my friends are still into the partying,acting wild and crazy & immaturity stage. I'm not saying that I'm better than them, just that I feel incompatible & a little uncomfortable around them now.

Some of them say I've gotten lame & make sly remarks about how of an old man I've gotten. I'm pretty sure they're not being mean or take it serious but I find myself annoyed with some of them now & I often avoid going out with some now. Yet I find it hard to find people who share the same interests as me which makes it frustrating..

Its because they miss your company. I have friends who are like you. I am the other type. A few of my friends have lots of talent and they squander it. I wish sometimes they were involved in some of my projects.In short they miss going out with you and as we grow our ideal brotherhood falls apart. Eventually, if you are comfortable, theyve got to except it. Its best to just remain nuetral dont present bad blood or act as if you are better than them because your interest differ. They should also respect you the same.

i have a group of about 4 of us, all at different stages, all doing differnt things, all heading in different directions. although were not as close as when we were younger, we still try to make the effort to meet up for a nice quiet drink every now and then just to catch up. i guess although we've grown apart, deep down we still care for each other as friends and want to know everyone's doing ok.

basically the point im getting at is to throw away your friends because of a little change is unwise, but you have to accept you now have different interests and needs.

like lionel said, they still care for you and miss you now your not hanging around with them, they dont sound like people i would want to lose. learn a compromise like me and my friends do.

Archived