Is this bazaar or what?

george237

I haven't talked to my ex in 3 months or so. I had been calling her once a week before that to try and get her to make a decision on how we will split some assets. About 3 months ago I found out through a mutual friend that she went through a tough time so I let off on the phone calls to not add anymore stress.

Yesterday she text's me out of the blue saying that she was stopping by the house to grab some of her things while I was at work. I didn't really appreciate her inviting herself over my house so I didn't reply.

I come home and text her to see if she made a decision on the assets. She said she would like to talk in person and asked to come by next week, I agreed.

This morning I woke up and realized I needed to get some clean socks out of the dryer. I go down the basement and notice that all of my clothes are neatly folded and my dress shirts are hung up. Here she did all of my laundry, which was about 3 or 4 loads. I found this quite strange since she has been very bitter towards me since she is convinced I am out to screw her on the division of the assets. Also when we lived together she never once did my laundry. If I had clothes in the dryer she would put them on the top of the machine and put her clothes in.

Not like her at all, she never admits wrongdoing. I am just hoping she is not trying to get back with me. Everything that needs to be talked about can be done so over the phone, but she insisted on meeting at my house. I don't want her back and I don't feel like getting into that kind of conversation.

Could be any number of things. If you really want to know, there is only one person you can ask: Her. Before I moved out (but we had decided to split) my stbXwife still made dinners for me and did my laundry. (Side note: I was happy cooking and cleaning but she felt that since I was the only one working that she would pull extra duty at home). It was weird for certain... to have caught her cheating, be disgusted with her, still live in the same house and have her cook and clean. It was a confusing time. LOL

Sorry... got side-tracked. So my point is: It may be a peace offering, a subtle manipulation, or just a friendly gesture. I wouldn't read too much into it until you get a straight answer from her.

Met with her last night to go over the house. She says that she wants to sell the house even though she won't get any money at settlement, there is going to be nothing after I get back my initial down payment. I told her that I love the house and want to stay there and I could pay her a reasonable amount just to get this over with. She said she wants to sell because the house was supposed to be our future and doesn't think it is right for me to live there without her. I have been there since Mar of this year by myself and the house feels like my home, not our old home.

Why can't she let go?

Archived