dani_7
12 Signs He's a Player - Beginn...
12 Signs He's a Player - Beginners Guide

I have been talking to a guy that I originally met online. Now we text, and call each other alot. We have really started to care for each other but have not yet met in person. He told me that he cares about me as much as he can without meeting me, and will know if he is in love with me when he gets to kiss me.

Is this normal for guys?

I have only really talked to one other guy online like this, that progressed to texting and calls. He more or less said the same things to me, without using those words.

I have been talking to a guy that I originally met online. Now we text, and call each other alot. We have really started to care for each other but have not yet met in person. He told me that he cares about me as much as he can without meeting me, and will know if he is in love with me when he gets to kiss me.

Is this normal for guys?

I have only really talked to one other guy online like this, that progressed to texting and calls. He more or less said the same things to me, without using those words.

My guy said all the same things. We never ended up meeting and he one day vanished. I'd say.. if he is serious he will meet you IRL and not put it off. Good luck.

had that happen. I think its love. We met in rl for our first date. Fireworks magic and I really just like him.

He had a family crises he flew out to take care of and I fell completely.

Now i'm waiting to see if we can pick up after all this is over.

If he was telling me the truth.. it will be love like the old movies.

If he is lying then it never was.

I would assume he is being honest that he feels as he feels and I would wait until you've been dating consistently in person for at least the better part of a year to see if his feelings that he thinks are love are the basis for an in person relationship. For me, that kind of typing from a stranger would be a turn off because I would feel overwhelmed in a bad way that a near stranger thought it was a good idea to express such intense romantic feelings to another near stranger (which is what I consider it to be - from a romantic perspective - since you two have never met in person) - it would make me worry that he was needy, clingy, and just looking for an insta-relationship behind the safety of a computer screen.

To batya33,

Then online dating clearly isn't for you. I feel that sounded very judgmental. I have known people who have had both good and bad experiences with online dating. My biggest problem with your reply though, people fall in love at all different speeds, some can do it in days and love each other forever, while others take a very long time. There is NO SET AMOUNT OF TIME, SUCH AS A YEAR that is the correct time to say yes, it okay to be in love now. I would have missed out on so much with the love of my life if I waited ONE YEAR to be to say I LOVE YOU, as we only got 5 months before he died. Think about that next time you tell someone they have to wait ONE YEAR!!!!! Maybe a year works for you, but not everyone, and you need to realize that.

I've had very good experiences with meeting people through on line sites and with dating in general. When it comes to dating sites, I met people ASAP in person after contacting them through dating sites. I think I met over 100 men total. Most of them were good, honest people, some of them I dated for a few months here and there. I was very good - often excellent - at "screening" so there were hundreds of men who I contacted or who contacted me through on line sites who I didn't meet for one reason or another. I don't believe in "online dating" if by that you mean dating without ever meeting in person - to me that's typing and talking, that's e-mail buddies, that's "on line pals" or friends but it's not dating in my humble opinion.

My advice was about dating in general - not just meeting people through on line sites. In my humble opinion, I think that it takes time to see if someone's actions are consistent with their words, and usually that takes the better part of a year of dating consistently in person to see if expressions of feelings - love, like, whatever, translate into a compatible long term romantic relationship.

I think it's fine in general to share feelings of love whenever they come up - but that had nothing to do with my response to the OP - my response had only to do with whether those expressions of love formed the basis for a lasting relationship. Not sure why or how you misinterpreted what I wrote.

However, for me, personally, I would be wary of a man who chose to share those feelings before meeting me in person, and very early on - it would send up flags of concern for me that he was needy/clingy because we didn't really know each other,or that he was trying to manipulate me into acting a certain way towards him. That's not from a cynical point of view but from a realistic, safe perspective when it comes to typing and talking to strangers on the Internet.

That's not a judgment of anyone else's experience, but what I will say is I've heard of and experienced many examples of people sharing those feelings with near strangers (people they've just typed and talked to from the internet) not from a position of emotional health - but quite the opposite - or with the intention of being manipulative. Again, there's no set time, but there is a choice of when to share, and it's prudent to factor in how well you know the person who is sharing very intense feelings early on, especially strangers.

While i believe people can have strong, loving feelings, including romantic feelings, for people they have never met in person, I think it's essential to meet in person ASAP and see each other consistently over time in order to see if there is compatibility for a long term romantic relationship. Of course, if the two people just enjoy what I see as a fantasy of typing and talking and never meeting in person and referring to that as a romantic relationship, that's fine, but I assumed the OP's goal was to find someone who she could be with in person in an in-person romantic relationship.

I don't find my input in the least judgmental - but if you do, that's fine, no need to follow it of course.

Archived