family member driving me nuts

wasitworthit

what do you do, when a family member who you love alot, starts to get on your nerves so bad you can barely be in the same room as them?

I feel so bad even typing that. but I really don't know what to do anymore. I live with this person, and it seems that every little thing they do just drives me absolutely bonkers.

we have strong differences when it comes to important things in my life. and anytime I share a thought or something with this person, they just act like I dont know much about what I am talking about. and not in a mean way, just in a 'you are too young to know anything' way.

I guess what I am saying is that I feel bad feeilng this way because my time with this person is not forever, this person is getting older.

I'm just going insane. any ways to maybe just try and ignore these things? It's really hard when they live with you. I can specify more, I just feel bad enough writing this.

move out.

i was like that with my mom. we both thought that we had more say in what i had to do with my life. moving out helped that problem. now i'm home every weekend because i miss her a ton, but more than a weekend? lol i'd go insane. our differences seem a lot less different with some space.

Well if this person is the only one around you who makes you feel this way, & you can't avoid this person, then the only thing you can really do is to learn to ignore the comments that annoy you.

I'm assuming this person is either a parent or grandparent (sorry if I'm mistaken), & I know almost all of us have dealt with someone like that at one point in our lives (I know I have). As long as you know that you're ok & you love who you are, then what anyone else says shouldn't get to you. By "ignore", I don't mean to literally walk away from them, I mean just physically hear what they have to say, but don't listen enough to let it affect you.

OMG!!! Do I know how you feel. I'm currently living with my mother and sister and they are always bringing me down. I was in a terrible relationship where I was mentally abused and have finally found someone who treats me like a queen!! But they don't like him!!! They showed more respect to the one who was mean to me than the one I'm with now. They never have one nice thing to say. He may not be the best looking thing in the world but he treats me so great. But they don't see that they always have a smart remark about he's not the greatest looking thing in the world, you can do better. Oh I'm so sick of it. Maybe that's why they are still single themselves. I want a loving companion not a trophy!!! Looks fade. Sometimes I think people are so miserable within their own lives they don't think it's possible to be happy so why let anyone around them be happy. Good luck!

Archived