Moles... or warts?

I noticed a few small bumps on my bf's penis. They are flesh colored and do not hurt, and he claims he has had them for a long time. I have never noticed them before. But it's possible because they are pretty small.

I counted three yesterday. They are not next to each other, all on different parts of his penis. They don't really look like the pictures of warts I have seen.

He does not think they are warts and will not go to the doctor at this time. He thinks they are hair folicles or something. I am not so sure. I can't convince him to go to the doctor at this time so I want to know if anyone has more info before I make this a big deal.

They look like they could possibly be moles, but I have never seen anything like this. They do not have a caulifower appearance and they are not grouped together.

I don't want to scare you but if he has nothing to hide, than he wont be mad if you ask him to get them checked out. If he refuses blaming it on embarrassment, it could be because he knows they are HPV or genital warts. If he has nothing to hide and loves you than he wont mind easing your mind. Last thing you want to do is be guilted into not knowing because he lays a big "Don't you trust me" or "I told you its nothing" routine, than you end up with HPV. which by the way IS NOT CURABLE!

Think about it! Put your health first. If you want children and marriage, you have the RIGHT to know !:sad:

My ex had these, too. They are hair follicles. If they aren't portruding, then it's probably nothing you should worry about.

link removed

Read that. It might clarify something for you.

No these are definitely raised off the skin. They look like a growth of some sort, just not like the pics of warts I saw when I googled them

My question is geared to those with experience or knowledge with genital warts. I don't really care to hear "Make him go to the dr." That will come later, and those posts aren't going to help me.

Well honey I hate to break it to you but when you come to this site and you post a question asking for opinions, its kind of like picking a name out of the hat, you get what you get. I can't tell you how many times I didn't like what I heard, but thats what asking questions is about, taking others advice, and throwing others advice out.

Now with that being said I do have experience in this area. Sadly my best friend has this and she got it from someone she loved dearly. She refused to put her foot down and make this guy get checked. He told her 'its nothing, trust me its nothing" but she knew something was wrong, cause they were like raised skin bumps. She let it go and later they got bigger and bigger and worse until he himself could not deny it.

Guess what...HPV.

So my advice is investigate this with a professional and save yourself the heart break or worry later.

Since we cannot see what you are talking about and we are not gynecologists, we cannot really offer much advice on this forum. If you are worried, then he should go to a doctor. There are other conditions that may look like what you described.

Tabby, im no trying to scare you but my friend had warts, before she went to the clinic to get checked out we googled them for pics too but you need to know that most of the pics that are on the net are pics of warts in latter stages or at thier worst, he needs to get checked out because from looking at the pics we saw my friend though she didnt have them but she did.

And see the thing with HPV is it starts out small and the longer a person goes without treatment thinking it will go away, the bigger they get.

THey are flesh colored and attached to the skin. Raised and all over. Not always in the same area. In fact usually they start out all over than cluster up later. There is no pain and no smell. However I've noticed with females their is this sulfer like smell. My friends urine smelled so strong (its how I found out about what she had) you could smell it down the darn hallway. (sad).

Some men never show signs but carry this virus, others show signs and ignore them until they get so noticible you can't ignore them anymore.

I hope this helped you.

You sound worried. Follow your gut here.

If they're new then he should check them out. When was his last physical?

I don't have any experience with genital warts but I have had warts before and can tell you, you don't want to catch them as they are hecka painful to get rid of.

My wart, that was on my foot, wasn't a big bump, it seemed to have a lot of dimples in it. Warts will, at least the foot kind, will have a tougher skin. Warts are highly contagious, and I can't imagine it being pleasant for a girl to have them down there.

If the bumps look inflamed then it could be an ingrown hair or an indication of an infection. Is is squishy like there's fluid inside? That could indicate infection or ingrown hair.

Most genital warts for all they dont look great are pretty harmless, there are only certain types that can effect the cervix in women and can be cancer causing but they are in the minority. Both of you need to be checked out to see what type they are if its found that they are infact warts.

It's kinda soft. It remind me of a raised flesh colored mole.

That does sound like a wart.

They almost remind me of skin tags. Like it would kinda stretch a little if you pulled on it. he says they have been there for a long time.

That doesn't sound like a wart, so that could be good for you two. You said there are three bumps, were the bumps always there or did one appear followed by the rest. Warts, at least the kind on the feet, spread and multiply fairly easily, which would make these sound like warts again.

You guys scared me so much i went and checked them out on my lunch break! lol. they are very small. one i couldn't find it's so small. one looked a little different from the other, and more flat. (it looked like ones i had seen on my ex. i made him go to the dr who told him they were hair follicles.) there's just one that concerns me the most. i examined it some more (not as 'stretchy" as i first thought.) i told him i think it's a mole. he disagrees, but said he will get it checked out. he still claims it has been there a very long time. it really doesn't look like any of the pics i saw. and they are no where near eachother. he thinks its a hair follicle too. it really doesn't look like one to me, but im no expert. he said it has remained the same size and has not changed in appearance.

do they aLWAYS get bigger and spread?

Now thats a question I can't be 100% about as far as if they always grow, but most doctors say you can't ignore them after a while. So I'm gonna take a stab at it and say "yes" but can't be for sure.

Its good he'd go to the doctor, thats at least a good start.

Archived