Need advice on sociopathic ex boyfriend!!!

AnimalLover

Hi all. I posted my story under the thread "Sociopath?"

I have a big problem that I really need advice on. After a month of complete silence and a "perhaps we should take a break for a while" e-mail (an E-MAIL, not even a phone call), I received another e-mail from HIM last night. I haven't opened it yet. All he wrote in the subject line was ": )"

That's it! Just a smiley face! Not even a phone call after a month of silence and basically a Dear John e-mail.

The thing is, with AOL e-mail there's a way to check and see if someone read your e-mail or not, so he will wither see READ (if I opened it) or UNREAD (if I ignored it).

"Doc Holiday's" reply spoke volumes in the last thread:

That's something he'll have to fix on his own. My advice: Go NC hardcore because he'll probably throw everything and the kitchen sink at you to get you to talk to him again after you do.>>

So, if I read it, it could be Let's break up for good, or I met someone else, or it could just be a joke e-mail or How are you doing e-mail. I have no clue when he just put a smiley face in the subject line. I'm worried because he didn't call, and this is how he broke up with me a month ago (an e-mail and no call). Strange. Maybe he's afraid I'm angry at him and that's why he sent an e-mail first? I don't know what to think.

Should I just COMPLETELY IGNORE his e-mail and hope he gets a SPINE and calls? Or should I open it and possibly expose myself to more agony? He certainly does get a high out of seeing me react, that's for sure!

Any ideas?

if it says something nice like 'missing you' would you be able to stop yourself responding?

dont open it or do anything with it until your sure.

it'll sit there for at least a month. so why open it at all? he will get frustrated maybe and contact you normally if contact is what he really wants.

i read somewhere last night, that an ex who really wants to speak to you will always find a way.

good luck! Hope x

I've just read your other thread. He sounds like a very volatile and unpredictable person. If you want this person out of your life then I recommend that you cut all contact all together. I would delete that e-mail, you do not need to know whats in it if in your mind it is over and that is that.

sociopaths are nothing you want to get involved with.

If thats what this guy is then you need to sever all contact.

sociopaths have no remorse for anyone, they dont have empathy and they dont feel love. they are manipulators and game players. I repeat, they are incapable of feeling love.

So i say if you must read it, dont reply.

sociopaths are nothing you want to get involved with.

If thats what this guy is then you need to sever all contact.

sociopaths have no remorse for anyone, they dont have empathy and they dont feel love. they are manipulators and game players. I repeat, they are incapable of feeling love.

So i say if you must read it, dont reply.

I 100% agree with this. I was unfortunate enough to have a run in with a sociopath and I saw this person destroy everyone around them and blame it on someone else. Make sure that he does not do this to you.

link removed

read that. it tells you what they are and indicators of sociopaths.

i grew up with one and was his 'friend' for 6 years. he was an obvious sociopath though. some are really good at cloaking themselves.

How to leave an abusive relationshi...
How to leave an abusive relationship and why it's so hard

Archived