am i sick? or do i have allergies?

Atticus90

About 5 - 6 days ago my dad got what he said was allergies. A few days after he got 'em, i got them.

how can we both get allergies at same time? and coincidentally be allergic to the same thing? his went away though. i still have mine. how? i heard that if you have allergies, they don't go away unless the allergen that's causeing it goes away.

i have stuffy nose, occasional drainage in the throat, and my ears feel like they're popping.

sounds like allergies doesn't it? but I think i may be sick?

can anyone shed some light on this situation. i haven't been getting any sleep lately.

allergies are really something that you are born with or develop, not something you suddenly catch from one person. most of my allergies i have had since childhood.

none of us can diagnose you over the internet. i recommend you talk to your doctor, maybe an allergist. it could be fall pollen, i am allergic to that.

I think that the likelihood of two people having a sudden allergy that they didn't have before is quite small.

I think the likelihood of two people who are in each other's vicinity catching the same virus/bacteria that can manifest itself as a cold is quite big.

Go to a doctor if you still have it in a week, it sounds like a cold.

Archived