Your experiences with breaking NC

How to leave an abusive relationshi...
How to leave an abusive relationship and why it's so hard

Depends on your hopes and expectations.

Most likely reason for wanting to break Nc is b/c you wanted to get back with them. But lets face it, if they wanted to get back with you, you would have heard from them. If you havn't, you're really just setting yourself up to get hurt.

Unless you are totally over them, and in the mind set where you feel you can have them around as a friend with no emotional strain..... Don't do it.

Even then, is there really much point in contacting them? Do you need an ex as a friend? to what end?

I actually have been doing limited contact with my ex for a couple months. Things didn;t end horribly, but I do not think his contact is sincere as far as getting back together goes. I think he likes the comfort and security of having me there, but not having to commit to me. It sucks. Yet I have a HARD time ignoring him. A couple weeks ago, he emailed me and I did not even read it for three days, which made him email me again

and ask where I was. Then I called him.

Whats the longest you all have been able to NOT respond in any way ?? Why is this so hard???

He emailed me again today after the weekend, which I hate because it makes me wonder who he's been with, etc.I just think I should leave it for a week or two. I don't know. He needs to know I am not sitting around waiting for him to contact me.

i,ve only ever manged about 5 days,at a time this is the worst time am trying so hard to stay sane

Hurt Iunderstand your pain. It IS hard. Like quitting an addiction.

How long has it been since your last contact? I usually get really sad after just 3-4 days. yeah, pathetic I know I am strong in every other part of my life but this has me confuzzled.

its been 5 1/2 days, i,ve done everything, i,ve begged, cried, u name it i,ve done it, but not everyday just every 5 days, but i cant it anymore i hate myself for being like this, i need to end this pain

Hurt I just read a couple of your posts..you will get there.You can post on this thread if you like. We can support each other.

Same to you Miss Kitty..we can be the NoContact warriors..lol

make it fun.

It's not necessarily how long you go NC but how effectively you've healed. Some people heal in 3 months, others 6 months and years for some. I've been NC for 6 months and i can say that all i have left is some lingering feelings to which dont hold me back. I've been productive with my time.

My ex has contacted me on several occasions for random things here and there. I havent replied to her, she already has a bf, i dont know why she keeps on trying to stay in contact with me. You would think that finding a new man who kept chasing you for a year would be a handful, clearly it isnt.

When it my fiance first broke it off with me, I would make excuses to call or text a lot. Everytime I did it I'd feel better at first, then come crashing down. After awhile and a little reality check it just started not to matter anymore. The truth is if someone wants to be with you than that person will do anything and everything to be with you. They won't need "time" or need "to think about it".

The hurt at first, especially if you are on the recieving end is extremely difficult, but it gets better. Soon enough you realize there is someone out there that will treat you and love you the way that you deserve to be. Looking back I think how foolish I was but it's all part of being human.

No one shoud ever have to settle for less than they deserve...

i,ve read everything i dont see theres a light at the end, why do i feel it would better to just end it, i just want to close my eyes and go

There's a light at the end for sure. I was completely devastated and though everything was over. Now I look back and thank God that it happened, because everything happens for a reason.

"One day someone will walk into your life when you least expect it, and that person will make it perfectly clear why it never worked out with anyone else."

Archived