How much is too much time to spend together

angela12

I have been dating my bf since June and we went 'official' middle of August ... Since then we see eachother almost everyday... email... call ... text... the works.. Sometimes I feel we see eachother wayyyy to much I mean not even a married couple would have this much contact ... its actually rediculous sometimes. I am just wonder how much does everyone see there bf or gf and because of seeing him so much lately I feel the magic has kinda wore off due to us being so comfortable with one another.. Do you think not seeing eachother regulary in the beginging keeps up the anticipation? I mean we contact eachother at least every 2 hours of the day... Some how I think that this is wrong...

Well, for the better part of my relationship, we've been on opposite schedules. Me days, him nights. So contact during the week is limited to a few calls and texts. The weekend is ours, but even then its only a night or two.

After over 4 years together, the magic is still there because we've never overkilled it, except week long vacations several times a year.

I think too much time is when other things are neglected. Friends, family, hobbies, work, scchool, priorities, etc because you spend every day together, to me..thats very unhealthy and clearly TOO much time.

Some people can deal with every day interaction and contact, but personally I am glad for the way my relationship has been..the anticipation we get still for seeing each other makes us still crazy and madly passionate years and years later..we've dragged the honeymoon phase for years it seems. And even though its going to obviously diminish when we do move in together this year, I will be ok with that because we've had a good almost 5 years of being absoultely crazy and giddy for each other.

every relationship and everyone has different needs, some people are glue to the hips 24/7, some is content with only 4 hours of contact every week. If YOU feel like you've spent way too much time with each other then you should voice your concern and rearrange things with your partner. Set time aside for your own activity.

If you feel like you're spending too much time together, then you need to address it. I can tell you, though, that being together at the expense of spending time with friends, family, etc. and doing the things you enjoy (even if it is separately) is too much time together.

well if you feel like you guys are with each other too much then just cut back a little and do your own stuff sometimes, encourage him to go out with his buddies or whatever while you do your own thing. my bf used to want to talk and be in constant communication ALL THE TIME. i just started cutting back bits at a time and now we actually have a relationship IN our lives, instead of having a relationship BE our lives.

wow. what a positive post.

i agree very much with the bolded parts as well. there isn't a specific amount of time i can give to answer your question. it all depends how you and your bf feel.

for me and my bf it's the same. we've been together since last year december (10 months). it was a gradual process of how often we met. first it was ONCE a week. then slowly it became 2-3 times a week.

now we still don't really see each other EVERY day. maybe 4 times a week or 5 at the most. i have school work to do sometimes, or other family stuff i need to attend. sometimes i also just want to hang out alone by myself at home. lots of times he has his stuff to do plus he hangs out with his friends/family every day for a while. i'm glad he does b.c this stops us from only hanging out with each other and becoming too involved with each other only.

we make a few short phone calls to each other thru out the day just to say hi.

Archived