Why do I feel weird about dating other people? Should I?

CNR
I Have Feelings For Someone Else Wh...
I Have Feelings For Someone Else While In a Relationship

I moved to the midwest from the east coast to go back to school for my doctorate at the beginning of the year. At the time I wasn't seeing anyone.

There were two girls I used to work with who live together and we would text each other all the time and even after I moved to the midwest. Girl 1 sends me a text about whatever. We go back and forth a few times and she then writes "yeah, too bad you left because Girl 2 really liked you." I was disappointed , but I'll be out here for 3 years I figure it's too late to start anything.

So the trimester ends and I head home for a visit. Me and girl 2 end up getting together for the 3 weeks that I was home. I really like her and we text email and/or call each other just about everyday. It's almost like we're in a relationship but we've only seen each other for the 3 weeks I was home. Now I'm really questioning why I'm holding back from seeing other women. It makes no sense to me at all, but I somehow feel like I'd be cheating on her. It seems very strange to me. Has anyone ever felt like this?

Archived